New Sennheiser IE8's On Sale for Only $328.00 USD, Free Shipping No Tax
Dec 5, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 36
Isnt that cheap man lol I thought they were always around that price.

Dec 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 36
Ooooh no, I lost my 1st set not too long ago and did extensive searching for a cheaper price and they were all around 400. Used were around 275 but that's just.......

This Is a great price and I hope someone can take advantage of it.

If you look, buy.com is the next cheapest about 20+ more.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why spend $330 on fakes sold by Sarjo Wholesale Group? Does no one read any longer?

I don't think any scammer could duplicate the IE8's flawless packaging sir. I'd be cautious if it said bulk packaging.

I ordered an authentic pair of AKG-701's from them before.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 36
Just because they are not $400 does not mean they are fake. I bought a pair from buy.com for $330 last week.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 36
These are part of an Amazon Gold box deal, and are fulfilled by Amazon, it's likely they aren't fake unless Amazon is in on it too.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are part of an Amazon Gold box deal, and are fulfilled by Amazon, it's likely they aren't fake unless Amazon is in on it too.

Not sold by Amazon. With AUTHORIZED dealers willing to match prices, why waste your money on fakes? Yes, Amazon third-party sellers have been found to be selling fakes.

$330 from buy.com is also a pretty bad deal. You can do a LOT better from authorized dealers.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #9 of 36
So where are these supposed authorized dealers where I can do a LOT better than that will price match fakes. Please tell mr. super shopper.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Why spend $330 on fakes sold by Sarjo Wholesale Group? Does no one read any longer?

Sounds like you are assuming they are fake to me.
So if your trying to help noobs why don't you show us where to buy these for a LOT less as you say. And sounds like you are assuming I am a noob because of my low post count? I joined this forum 5 years before you did really?

I already received mine and compared them to the fake IE thread pics and yes mine are real. SO I'm trying to figure out where are these authorized retailers that will price match so I can get a LOT better deal as you say.

So once again do you have any facts or are you just going to continue to spew nonsense and hyperbole.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by molokovellocet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if your trying to help noobs why don't you show us where to buy these for a LOT less as you say. And sounds like you are assuming I am a noob because of my low post count? I joined this forum 5 years before you did really?

I already received mine and compared them to the fake IE thread pics and yes mine are real. SO I'm trying to figure out where are these authorized retailers that will price match so I can get a LOT better deal as you say.

So once again do you have any facts or are you just going to continue to spew nonsense and hyperbole.

Already answered. Search button is your friend.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by molokovellocet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AFAIK, authorized resellers won't price match with a non-authorized reseller so you'll be out of luck pursuing that route. I've personally been quite comfortable buying IEMs second hand - paid a shade over $230 for one and sold it off for the same price two months later. I would recommend it as spare tips are fairly cheap and you lose nothing if you don't like the IE8s in the end or if you want to upgrade.

Quote:

Already answered. Search button is your friend.

Hmm... So you say use the search button its not hard. The OP asks you how and where to which you reply use a search... Isn't there a fallacy in your logic somewhere? If it was really that easy then couldn't you use your much flaunted search engine to help others here? Its not that hard to be helpful. Your caustic tone is hardly appreciated.

And yes I have read this thread. Its a jawdropping page and a half.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

please read the entire thread

You mean the whole one page before my post or the five after it?
rolleyes.gif

I have also read the six page thread regarding the fake IE8s and only saw one response from a Sennheiser rep saying that you can contact Sennheiser if you are looking for an authorized reseller. I have yet to see confirmation from Sennheiser that there are fake IE8s out there, but although if that thread is to be believed it's not vary promising. However things like "the picture of the ear in the picture is too yellow" is hardly conclusive. A lot of the "evidence" presented is garbage, particularly the pictures posted of packaging. Differences in color and contrast, etc can easily be from the equipment used to take the picture and not the packing. There also may be some variation in the quality of the actual packaging as perhaps a bad batch of the cardboard inserts slipped through QA, etc.

However there is also some decent evidence in there: the OP, already owning a pair of genuine IE8s was able to A/B them and said they sounded nothing like the "real" thing. And in the side by side photos the housing on the assumed fakes is noticeably larger. Could be a manufacturing change though.

Here is the thread in question: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...cluded-457420/

Hopefully Sennheiser can get to the bottom of this, and quickly. But unless you know FOR A FACT that a particular seller has knock-offs, you really just keep your mouth shut if you can't politely warn others of unconfirmed speculation of fakes being sold.

MOD EDIT - removed personal attack.

EDIT: Thanks for catching that bjaardker! At least I was consistent!
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back