New Sennheiser ie8i owner!
Jan 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stacey

Headphoneus Supremus
So I got a hold of some ie8i's for $295 (direct from manufacturer) and I'm wondering what's the best way to burn the headphones in. Oh and how long of a burn in period does the headphones need?

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 4
The best way to burn in your headphones is honestly just to "burn them in" while listening to them, in my opinion. If you're really hung up on the whole concept, then just leave them playing at a little a bit above normal listening level through the night.

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
So I got a hold of some ie8i's for $295 (direct from manufacturer) and I'm wondering what's the best way to burn the headphones in. Oh and how long of a burn in period does the headphones need?

When I first got my ie8i, I would listen to them during the day and burned them in overnight with a top 40 radio station so all frequencies are utilized. Total is approximately 300hrs., after that the bass calms down and have more control, the treble will not be as hot. The soundstage also opens up and there will be more clarity in the presentation. YMMV but that's what I've experienced with mine and I'm still in love with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back