New Sennheiser headphones, need an amp?
Sep 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

reyesjr

New Head-Fier
I just got the Sennheiser PC350's. I've read on newegg and amazon that since these are 150ohm impedance, they need a amp to drive them to their full potiental. I'd rather pick one up at a store near me, rather then order it online. The only store that I know that has anything near this is Frys electronics. So I've found these 3

http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=UPBEAT+AUDIO&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&cat=0

I'm looking at the middle one, the Upbeat Audio R234-B, in their description it says it's good for headphones from 60ohms - 300 ohms impedance. Thats basically the only reason I'm looking at those.

But which of the 3 is best for my sennheiser pc350's? I wish they had a bigger selection, I can't find crap on frys website!

FYI: I'm running on a x-fi xtreme gamer sound card, if that matters any.

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Fry's really is not the best place to buy good audio equipment. If I were you, I would buy online from somewhere with a good return policy.

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Well I wanted to buy one from a local store that way if it doesn't help much, I could return it the same day. If I ordered one, I would have had to wait for shipping, then wait for it to get shipped BACK before I got my money back. I mean, this buy just could be temporary, if works good I'll return these then buy one online and keep it. So back to my original question, out of those 3, which would be the best? thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back