New Sennheiser HD600's: The first few hours
Jan 25, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #16 of 19
i just got my hd600's today too.
smily_headphones1.gif
. man they're great.

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by drandall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4) the L and R notations are so small and subtle that they're virtually invisible. annoying. forget reading them in low light (unless you're young).

I just got mine in the mail 2 days ago. One thing to help you , the left side is the one with braille, the right side doesnt not have braille. just a tip to help you out in the dark lol
atsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the sharpness and brittleness is a result of result of the uDac. Hell it made my HD650 sound brittle and thats tough.

Really?

I have a pair of fully broken in 580's here and they sound great. I bought the uDAC and it worked very well with the 580's. Then my new 600's arrived and I did not like them. They seemed bright and did not have the sepration of the 580's. They also lacked bass. Just did not sound hi fi.

I put them on a radio station on an old receiver and a day later I still didn't like them. After more than a week they are sounding good. Its now been about 10 days and they are really sounding good. Like the 580's now. I will keep this going for the next month.

Try giving them some serious time to loosen up. (Please don't start a break in debate.)

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerwoodkhorns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?

I have a pair of fully broken in 580's here and they sound great. I bought the uDAC and it worked very well with the 580's. Then my new 600's arrived and I did not like them. They seemed bright and did not have the sepration of the 580's. They also lacked bass. Just did not sound hi fi.

I put them on a radio station on an old receiver and a day later I still didn't like them. After more than a week they are sounding good. Its now been about 10 days and they are really sounding good. Like the 580's now. I will keep this going for the next month.

Try giving them some serious time to loosen up. (Please don't start a break in debate.)

I was using Hd555's before I got my 600's and it took at least 2 weeks of listing to them and letting them sit with pink noise and what not before they sounded as good as the HD555's. im looking forward to the next 2 weeks.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back