New Sennheiser electrostats soon to be released (probably)
May 9, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #16 of 21
I can be pretty sure that my friend understood the Sennheiser man right because they talk in one language and in one industry. And I can be definately sure that I understood my friend pretty well because he is Russian and we spoke Russian.

The Sennheiser man said they're developing an electrostatic headphone.

I also would be very glad if one of the official distributors (Meier-Audio, Headroom, etc.) or even Sennheiser officially said something about it. But, I guess, that is not interesting to them because their potential competitor Stax could also take some steps in this direction.

I can't give any guarantees, becuase I can't guarantee that the words of Senn man are correct, but I stand for my words.

EDIT: Too impulsive statement, just woke up

May 9, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 21
I'd say if nothing else, I agree with the sentiment that Sennheiser making electrostatic headphones is simply no longer profitable, at least not in the HE90 way.

May 9, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #18 of 21
I think this is very interesting.

I had also thought Sennheiser had given up their electrostatic development. Still, if that's what Jorg heard, that's what he heard. And I'm glad such an experienced head-fi'er's shared that information with us.

I guess I'll have to take a wait-and-see approach, and hope that if something comes up, it's not too much better (or expensive) than my HE90.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

May 9, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #19 of 21
maybe they are trying electrostats that don't break 1K? that way it would sell more.

My non realated rant: I call for an intelligence agency for head-fi! call it- HIA

May 9, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #21 of 21
When I heard the HE60's (~$1K) or so, I was like, "Wow! These are amazing. How could the HE90's be WAY WAY Better??" But then I heard the HE90's and then I was like "They are WAY WAY Better"

... just felt like saying that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back