New Sennheiser electrostats soon to be released (probably)
May 8, 2006 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Jorg

100+ Head-Fier
My friend from Germany that works in audio industry called Sennheiser today to ask them if he can order a pair of HE90. They told him that it's possible through their official distributor (not sure if in Germany or worldwide), but the price would be calculated personally.

Also they told him that they are developing a new electrostatic headphone comparable to HE90. They didn't tell anything about the price, the release date etc.

Hope this info would help you to plan your future expenses
evil_smiley.gif

May 8, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Didn't senn say they weren't working on any more stats at the national meet? I find this hard to believe.

Well that guy said it. I wouldn't consider him any sort of useful source of information, he was just a marketing person. I seriously doubt that Sennheiser would keep someone so low-level in another country in on new design decisions. He was just there to tow the company line.

May 8, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 21
I wouldnt get too exciting about this prospect, it could be a long time indeed before we see this product even if it really does exist. Think about the Grado Streetstyle.

May 8, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Well that guy said it. I wouldn't consider him any sort of useful source of information, he was just a marketing person. I seriously doubt that Sennheiser would keep someone so low-level in another country in on new design decisions. He was just there to tow the company line.

But they'd let in just some consumer who's calling in on it? Dont think so.

Also, I thought the HE90 were completely out of product, how would Sennheiser be offering them now through their official distrubution?

May 8, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 21
I wish someone who has direct connection with Sennheiser could confirm this...

Mr. Jan Meier?
icon10.gif

May 9, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Macromedia
Didn't Dr. Gilmore say something about a new king of electrostatic?
confused.gif

Sounds like a prophecy or something..

i think that was in reference to a new stax headphone, and that in itsself was conjecture and third hand info.

this thread is entirely based on NOTHING but guesswork. the few people who actually know are not allowed to tell. it will be awsome to see an affordable headphone that blasts the he90's. by affordable i mean in the 4-6kusd range new
orphsmile.gif

btw, why is there no omega-2 smiley? i would rather see that than the new stax or senheizer e-static

May 9, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears
Sennheiser will not compete against STAX with new electrostatic headphones. The electrostatic market is to small, it's not a mass market! Sennheiser has won the "electrostatic race" by developing HE90/HEV90. But Sennheiser is not a company with the objective to make a handful headphone enthusiasts happy.

Sennheiser won the status race with the Orpheus system, the [true] and only reason they created them. "Because they could". The system, even new, was far far both too expensive and difficult to acquire (you had to go through ('abnormal') hoops, not standard Senn channels, to get them (I was a Senn dealer and I couldn't even get a chance to listen to them, no less sell them as they were not sold through normal Senn dealers)) to be considered a true "commercial" product. It was a statement product...and some of the reviewers of the time duly noted this.

Yes indeed, it is a real product. But not one created to make it's manufacturer money.

Quote:

So, it's a hoax!

The solution must be a pair of dynamic headphones that cost less than 500 EURO but sound 95 percent of a HE90. If they succeed, STAX will be blown away. Not with (or is "by" correct?") electrostatic headphones, but with dynamic headphones priced for a wider market than the small electrostatic headphones market.

There is nothing wrong with this but Stax has / had more market share with just one of it's products - and they have a catalog full - than Senn had with the entire HE line.

...and yet Stax had to be rescued by it's own employees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back