NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Jun 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #706 of 2,741
My 
tongue_smile.gif
 symbol above was showing I was joking in good fun.

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #707 of 2,741
Quote:
I believe you meant to to put a question mark after "Disney magical."  Also, I'm sure you meant to use "any more" instead of "anymore" in addition to putting a comma between "site" and "I'll."

tongue_smile.gif

Damn, I've been counter-trolled :D!.  Nicely played sir.

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #711 of 2,741
Man, when my bro ordered this for me, he must have picked the absolute perfect time.  I got mine around 7 days after the 'official' order date.  This was back around early May, though.  Love mine, though :).  It's worth the wait, guys.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #712 of 2,741
Ordered A2 yesterday & emailed Jason. I explained to him that I read his explanation for the delay in production & shipping posted on this thread but asked him if he could still give me a ballpark figure as to a date he might start shipping (I also asked him not to yell at me).  He replied almost immediately : 

If we start shipping next week, expect another week after that to clear the backorders. We're deep, deep in backorder on Asgard 2.

[size=medium] All the best,

Jason Stoddard

Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Patience is a virtue. 
popcorn.gif

[/size]

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #713 of 2,741
Thanks for the updates. From his post I expected most of them to end up shipping within 1-2 weeks. Glad to get the full story on backorders, though. Can't wait to complete my Bifrost/Asgard stack. Now all I need is the Uber upgrade.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #714 of 2,741
I have to say I don't really hear much of a difference when plugging in my Sennheiser HD 600 into the Asgard 2 from just plugging it straight into my mixer, a Behringer Eurorack 2004A. Will give it some more time just in case the break-in period actually has anything to say, though. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #715 of 2,741
Quote:
Ordered A2 yesterday & emailed Jason. I explained to him that I read his explanation for the delay in production & shipping posted on this thread but asked him if he could still give me a ballpark figure as to a date he might start shipping (I also asked him not to yell at me).  He replied almost immediately : 

If we start shipping next week, expect another week after that to clear the backorders. We're deep, deep in backorder on Asgard 2.

[size=medium] All the best,

Jason Stoddard

Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Patience is a virtue. 
popcorn.gif

[/size]

Update no.2 received today July 1, 2013 (Happy Canada Day BTW)

[size=medium] [size=12pt] [size=11pt]Robert,[/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt] [/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]We are waiting on the delivery of completed boards from our board house.  If you just ordered your unit would probably be built on our third or fourth day of production once the boards start coming in.  The short holiday week makes estimating a little difficult.  Best case we ship your order around July 10.  Worst case July 16.  Unless something truly unexpected happens.  The board production is handled by a contract electronics assembly company in Simi Valley.  They do a great job but with everything handled off site based on the contractors timelines it can be a little challenging estimating delivery dates.[/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]Thanks,[/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]Alex Martin[/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]Operations Manager[/size][/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]Schiit Audio[/size][/size]
[size=12pt]  [/size]
[size=12pt]  [/size]
[size=12pt] [size=11pt]-Did I mention that patience is a virtue, already ? [/size]
popcorn.gif
[/size]

[/size]

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #717 of 2,741
Thank you for posting those El Groucho!

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #719 of 2,741
Just out of curiosity, has anyone received their Asgard 2 yet?  I realize it's going to take them some time to pump them out but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask some of you all.

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #720 of 2,741
I got my new switches to try and fix my damaged one and put them in a few minutes ago.  Nothing....

The volume knob makes some scratchy sound for the first 5-10% of a turn, and then there is no sound
confused.gif

Oh well, it at least  I gave it a try, pretty disappointed....

***UPDATE***

Well I decided to hook it up to my SACD Player and see what happens, I was only using an iPod Nano to test it out and I have sound! It is in the scratchy part of the volume knob rotation and it is low, but it is pretty clear and goes away when I turn on "low gain" mode, but them if i turn it all the way up it makes some noise, with pops, but it makes noise. So...maybe I need to replace the volume knob as well? Hum....maybe the patient can be saved yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back