NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Feb 19, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,261 of 2,741
Put my order in just now. Triple stack, here I come. Now I just need to find some decent feet to raise the Lyr up over the A2 enough that I'm not setting my room on fire.

Don't forget to upgrade your air conditioner and get a fire extinguisher.
Don't forget to turn off the A2 when using the Lyr. That A2 get's pretty warm.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,264 of 2,741
It's very likely going to get more time than the Lyr simply because I don't want to burn tubes on my external monitors.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #1,266 of 2,741
Feb 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,267 of 2,741
  A-ya-bu-waa?

You can get resistors of the same value as the headphone's impedance and with the right wires connect them to the amp instead of the headphones. And now you can run the amp without making noise or tying up your headphones.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,268 of 2,741
  You can get resistors of the same value as the headphone's impedance and with the right wires connect them to the amp instead of the headphones. And now you can run the amp without making noise or tying up your headphones.

This is something that fits between the headphones and amp? The benefit is what? Sorry, I'm just not digesting that properly.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #1,269 of 2,741

Yep, Ive made several to emulate cans of different impedance. Nice tool to have around for various reasons.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #1,270 of 2,741

Yep, Ive made several to emulate cans of different impedance. Nice tool to have around for various reasons.

That looks awfully familiar. I remember having to find huge 8 Ohm resistors to load guitar amps with, for testing without bringing the house down or shattering windows.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #1,272 of 2,741
  This is something that fits between the headphones and amp? The benefit is what? Sorry, I'm just not digesting that properly.

Ahh. Gotcha gotcha. You throw them in when running monitors off of your preamps. You can't just unplug your cans?

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #1,273 of 2,741

That looks awfully familiar. I remember having to find huge 8 Ohm resistors to load guitar amps with, for testing without bringing the house down or shattering windows.

Familiar?

You think that you're the only person in need of a dummy load that owns a soldering iron? 
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #1,275 of 2,741

I was asking since I have posted that pic in a few places and thought maybe you had seen it elsewhere.

That's funny, I thought you meant if I ever saw a dummy load before. I've used ones for RF transmitters that are in a can of oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back