NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Sep 5, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #2,731 of 2,741
Definitely a ground issue. Are the amp and computer plugged into the same power outlet? Different outlet circuits can have different ground potential, which will cause hum.
I have owned the Asgard 2 for 2 years and this just began.
I have tried various cables, sources, outlets, ect. and the ONLY way to eliminate the hum is when I touch the A2's metal enclosure and touch the IC's or 1/4" socket.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #2,732 of 2,741
I had the same issue, ground loops caused by lack of ground wire connection to the wall socket. Try a power cable with ground pin, into a wall socket that has it too. What I did when that wasn't an option, was using a wire to connect the case of the amp to a grounding point, my heating radiator. :)

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,733 of 2,741
I had the same issue, ground loops caused by lack of ground wire connection to the wall socket. Try a power cable with ground pin, into a wall socket that has it too. What I did when that wasn't an option, was using a wire to connect the case of the amp to a grounding point, my heating radiator. :)
Tested for ground loops, ect. so I sent to Schiit for repair.
They ended up putting in a brand new board....now it sounds marvelous.

Oct 8, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #2,734 of 2,741
Tested for ground loops, ect. so I sent to Schiit for repair.
They ended up putting in a brand new board....now it sounds marvelous.
Honestly....I've revisited the Old-Asgard 2 again and with the HD560s....just sounds so good! I have many other Schiit amps, and I love and adore my Valhallla 2 but there's is a special magic the Asgard 2 can lure me in to a great listening session without any hassles! The only other amp I get this sound from is with my Mjolnir 1 but that is out of the loop due to lack of space! :D

Good on Schiit for making it right and just makes your Asgard 2 a 2021 model??!! :wink:

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #2,735 of 2,741
Honestly....I've revisited the Old-Asgard 2 again and with the HD560s....just sounds so good! I have many other Schiit amps, and I love and adore my Valhallla 2 but there's is a special magic the Asgard 2 can lure me in to a great listening session without any hassles! The only other amp I get this sound from is with my Mjolnir 1 but that is out of the loop due to lack of space! :D

Good on Schiit for making it right and just makes your Asgard 2 a 2021 model??!! :wink:

Good to hear.

Couple of weeks ago, my Asgard 3 blew up while I was listening to it. Before I even knew what was happening,
smoke started coming out of the top and both channels of my prize Grado PS500e's were fried.

I'd always perceived the Asgard 2 as better made than the 3, but my 2 is still playing fine while
I've been sending emails to Schitt to no avail.

No mods, nothing snazzy, nothing at all in fact done to the 3. Just a plain vanilla setup at the time
a solid DMP into the inputs and the Grado's taking the output.

So, very glad to hear that Schitt is doing the right thing. I still wish, though, that they'd
reply to my emails with respect to receiving warranty svc for this issue.

As is often the case, we'll see how it goes.

P.S. Contacted Grado, within a half hour they'd replied - and with (what I consider) to be
good news. My PS500e's can be fixed (it's past the warranty period) for $150. And they'll
also give me a new cable. What an outfit, those folks are always superb.

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #2,736 of 2,741
Good to hear.

Couple of weeks ago, my Asgard 3 blew up while I was listening to it. Before I even knew what was happening,
smoke started coming out of the top and both channels of my prize Grado PS500e's were fried.

I'd always perceived the Asgard 2 as better made than the 3, but my 2 is still playing fine while

No mods, nothing snazzy, nothing at all in fact done to the 3. Just a plain vanilla setup at the time

So, very glad to hear that Schitt is doing the right thing. I still wish, though, that they'd

P.S. Contacted Grado, within a half hour they'd replied - and with (what I consider) to be
good news. My PS500e's can be fixed (it's past the warranty period) for $150. And they'll

Offttttt....my condolences....'hopefully' this is only an isolated incident with the A3. I've been very lucky and can confirm my A2 has been solid since day one, I too agree of the older Schiit products having better build quality and more a fan of the U-Shaped enclosures than the later.

How good are Grado to fix your PS500e's, tell 'em to make the cables detachable and pay extra! :wink:

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #2,737 of 2,741
How did this happen? During power up?

Good to hear.

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #2,738 of 2,741
Offttttt....my condolences....'hopefully' this is only an isolated incident with the A3. I've been very lucky and can confirm my A2 has been solid since day one, I too agree of the older Schiit products having better build quality and more a fan of the U-Shaped enclosures than the later.

How good are Grado to fix your PS500e's, tell 'em to make the cables detachable and pay extra! :wink:

Great suggestion but surely doubt it will happen:slight_smile:

Mar 28, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,739 of 2,741
My question : is it possible to connect directly this amplifier to the iPhone as the source of audio signal (assuming that it has only two rca inputs )? Or the only possibility is to use it with mixer / audio interphase équipes with USB port to connect with iPhone ?

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #2,740 of 2,741
My question : is it possible to connect directly this amplifier to the iPhone as the source of audio signal (assuming that it has only two rca inputs )? Or the only possibility is to use it with mixer / audio interphase équipes with USB port to connect with iPhone ?
Yeah, just get a RCA to 3.5 cable or adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back