New Running/Workout Player needed
Aug 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lindmar

New Head-Fier
For the past year I've been running with my iPhone and iPhone armband. It's OK but a bit bulky.

Just got a new iPhone 3GS and am thinking of not running with it anymore but getting something else.

I do a lot of running and high intensity workouts so I'm looking for something lightweight but also has quality sound. I just ordered a pair of Soundmagic PL50's for some upcoming long distance runs.

I listen to a lot of heavy rock when I workout. Tool and other metal bands. Looking for decent sound quality, lightweight, doesnt cost a bundle.

Anyone have any suggestions?

iPod Shuffle
iPod Nano?
Sansa Clip
Something else???

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 20
Clip, of course. It fits all of your criteria and literally blows the Shuffle/Nano out of the water SQ-wise. It's also so cheap it can almost be considered disposable - you can get a new 2gb clip for the same $$ as a refurbished 1gb shuffle.

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clip, of course. It fits all of your criteria and literally blows the Shuffle/Nano out of the water SQ-wise. It's also so cheap it can almost be considered disposable - you can get a new 2gb clip for the same $$ as a refurbished 1gb shuffle.

I might try the clip.

Might be worth a try.

Maybe I should keep running/working out with my 3gs as the sound quality is pretty awesome.

Just having a heck of a time finding a decent armband.

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 20
mehhhh just cant pull the trigger on the clip. Been looking , saw the 1gigs locally cheap but its kinda ugly whereas at the past gen shuffle still looks pretty cool.

Been an apple boy for way too long....hard to break away.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 20
Philips new go gear SA018(just seen at walmart) is looks same as last(2nd) gen shuffle. But it has full sound technology which is really amazing and it enhance the sound. It looks really small and has FM radio with clip to hang on shirts.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 20
Keep running w/ your iPhone and add Trailguru or MotionX to track distances. Very cool IMHO.

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #12 of 20
bigsmile_face.gif
It's obvious, you already have itunes. You're running, SQ on the shuffle is fine. It clips wherever you want it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back