New Releases: What are you looking forward to in 2009?
Apr 23, 2009 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
There is an overwhelming amount of (hopefully) good music to be relased over the next couple of months.
Looking forward to:

Meth and Redman-Blackout 2 (April 28th)
Fischerspooner-Entertainment (May 5th)
ISIS-Wavering Radiant (May 5th)
The Crystal Method-Divided by Night (lets hope its good...May 12th)
IAMX-Kingdom of Welcome Addiction (May 19th)
Dave Mathews-Whiskey and the Groogrux King (June 2nd)

Seriously though, is there a harder working band in all of rock than The Mars Volta???
Are these guys kidding?-another album coming on June 23rd!? (Octahedron)-gotta love em.

Finally, werent we supposed to get another NIN album before the summer tour in June?

And what happened to Massive Attack?

Regardless, im stoked for a summer of good music and great shows...

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 30
I didn't know about the new The Mars Volta....looking forward to that one now. I haven't listened to much rap in a while, but Blackout 2 might be worth checking out as well.

I'll second the new Isis, and add...
Devin Townsend - Ki (June 19)
Dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion (June 19)

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously though, is there a harder working band in all of rock than The Mars Volta???
Are these guys kidding?-another album coming on June 23rd!? (Octahedron)-gotta love em.

Portugal. The Man? Four albums and an EP in 4 years. New albums comes out July 21.

Also:
mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright (what's with the crazy long album names this year?) - May 18
The Mercury Program - Chez Viking
new Amplifier
new He Is Legend
new Mute Math
new Oceansize (hopefully)
new Porcupine Tree
new Thrice

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 30
I really don't spend a lot of time trawling sites to see when a band will be releasing new material... it's more fun, I think, to just stumble across it in the store. Usually followed by an exclamation such as "______ has a new album out? When then f--- did that happen?!"
wink.gif

However, there are at least three bands set to release a total of four albums in 2009 that I am super stoked for:
Eluveitie has already released their first of the year, [Evocation I - The Arcane Dominion], in Europe (buggers--we have to wait until 19 May). [Evocation II - Visions] is supposed to follow later this year.
Ensiferum is currently recording their fourth studio album, which is also supposed to see the light of day later this year.
Týr is set to release [By The Light of the Northern Star] in Europe in May, and in the US in June.

There's four. And then there are the rumours. Yes, the rumours that Wintersun might actually finish and release [Time] sometime in 2009! \m/

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to stumble across new offerings from Eisbrecher and :wumpscut: last week. Combichrist and KMFDM have already fallen off this list (both having already released new albums this year). I fully expect a remix album from the latter by August, though.

Lastly, I have high hopes for [Shallow Life] from Lacuna Coil. I haven't worked up the nerve to listen to it on their myspace yet, and haven't had the chance to sneak down to my my favourite record store yet this week...

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakercj93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know about the new The Mars Volta....looking forward to that one now. I haven't listened to much rap in a while, but Blackout 2 might be worth checking out as well.

I'll second the new Isis, and add...
Devin Townsend - Ki (June 19)
Dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion (June 19)

yeah...forgot about Dredg.

FESTIVUS:
New PT and Oceansize?
I had no idea; thats welcome news too.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 30
Atheist is recording a new studio album...

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 30
Just looking at the list of upcoming releases this year (dates already set and some still TBA) on metacritic.com...

Psychostick - Sandwich
Dr Dre - Detox (if it actually gets released this year haha)
Eminem - Relapse/Relapse 2
new Muse
new Lacuna Coil (already released but I don't have it yet)
new Porcupine Tree
new Limp Bizkit (don't hurt me...guilty pleasure
biggrin.gif
)
new dredg (not a huge fan, but I do like them)
new Dream Theater
new The Crystal Method
new Green Day
new Joe Satriani

Sounds like a busy year!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, expect another 5 Buckethead albums this year.

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 30
I forgot about Porcupine Tree...I'll add that to my list. Hopefully the new Thrice and Muse albums will come out this year; I'm really looking forward to those. Can't wait to hear what Thrice will sound like this time...

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakercj93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot about Porcupine Tree...I'll add that to my list. Hopefully the new Thrice and Muse albums will come out this year; I'm really looking forward to those. Can't wait to hear what Thrice will sound like this time...

I still havent managed to buy anything by Thrice; dont even know who they are.
Starting point?

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #13 of 30
Grizzly Bear - Vickatimest

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vheissu. Seriously.

bakercj93, they have a new song from Bamboozle on YouTube if you want to check it out.

Well, I bought it today and am failing to see what the big deal is.
Barely made it through the terribly generic "Image of the Invisible"...the rest sounds ok-will give it some more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back