New Releases: What are you looking forward to in 2009?
Apr 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 30
Man the new Lacuna Coil is so full of FAIL. Its terrible. Same with Diana Krall. What the hell's going on people. I hope the other releases mentioned on this thread aren't going to disappoint like these.

So far Crack the SKye has been decent but I'm yet to get into it

I hear Yngwie has a new album, will check it out

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I bought it today and am failing to see what the big deal is.
Barely made it through the terribly generic "Image of the Invisible"...the rest sounds ok-will give it some more time.

That's my least favorite song on the album FWIW. Give it time, it sure took me a while.

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man the new Lacuna Coil is so full of FAIL. Its terrible. Same with Diana Krall. What the hell's going on people. I hope the other releases mentioned on this thread aren't going to disappoint like these.

So far Crack the SKye has been decent but I'm yet to get into it

I hear Yngwie has a new album, will check it out

Crack the Skye is EXCELLENT, but its a real creeper. Give it some time; I think its their most complex and accomplished album to date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's my least favorite song on the album FWIW. Give it time, it sure took me a while.

Will do-ive learned my lesson from many a hasty opinion/decision in the past...

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vheissu. Seriously.

bakercj93, they have a new song from Bamboozle on YouTube if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the heads up - I will check it out.

Vheissu took a while to grow on me, but it's probably my favorite Thrice album too. Music Box and Of Dust and Nations were the first ones that clicked with me. Not saying that will happen with you too, but I wouldn't give up yet.

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #21 of 30
And yeah, Image of the Invisible is probably my least favorite as well.

Agree with you about Crack the Skye too. My favorite Mastodon album to date, and my favorite release so far this year.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 30
im enjoying crack the skye. I havent bought a recent metal album in a long time but im glad i got this.
just picked up silversun pickups-swoon. been listening to those 2 albums back to back for the past few days.

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #23 of 30
A new Mars Volta album is news to me. Here's hoping they manage to top Bedlam, which I thought was a stellar album. My fingers are crossed for new Porcupine Tree and Massive Attack (I'm not gonna hold my breath on this one, but I'm hopeful).

My personal can't wait album for the year is the upcoming not yet named album from Menomena. Friend and Foe would rank in my top 10 albums and I can only hope they manage to top it in some form or another.

I also have to light a fresh candle for the yearly vigil I hold for the release of Peter Gabriel's "I/O", if that's still the proposed name of the album. Yes, I know he took almost 10 years to release UP, which was totally worth it. I just hope he doesn't take as long to get a new one out. I guess you can't rush perfection.

Anybody know if the Battles (of Mirrored fame) have anything in the works?

Apr 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #24 of 30
Metal Machine by Motor. I'm really stoked for this. Unhuman was one of the better Techno albums I've heard recently and am interested to see if they can keep their edge. The first track is titled, "Death Rave," so it sounds like the boys are going to keep pumping acid stained 4 x 4's.

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #25 of 30
There was a good push of new albums already so I am kind of spent for a little bit.

Mastodon - Crack the Skye
The Decemberists - Hazards of Love
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz! -
Screaming Females - Power Move

Crack the Skye is amazing but Hazards of Love blows me away every time, its that good.

I am anxiously awaiting:

Avett Brothers - I & Love & You
Iron and Wine - Around The Well
Grizzly Beat - Veckatimest
Mars Volta - Octahedron
new Built To Spill
Noel Gallagher solo stuff/Oasis
hopefully new Sufjan Stevens stuff

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #26 of 30
There is supposedly a new bonkers coming out, but it's by a different label, not to mention that hardcore as a genre has been a bit lacking as of late. It ain't 1997/2002/2005 anymore.
frown.gif

Oh, and super eurobeat volume 200 comes out this year too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back