New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now
Apr 14, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #46 of 115
cool.gif
Received My X5 a couple hours ago. Mildly surprised about the construction of these. On close inspection all major components are nicely Finished Metal, IEM Housings, Y spliter and Cinch and Plug and Body. Well moulded rubber standoffs everywhere, and a surprisingly robust feeling cable. At first I thought it was just your Regular Teflon sheathed stuff but once I felt and inspected it, the cable appears to be Braided cloth with a rubberized outer coating. These should wear very well. No noticeable microphonics either.

They are a V Shaped EQ with a well controlled and some what elevated Mid Bass. Some Sub Bass extension, some rumble, maybe a little Loose on the basement floor. Nice Mids. Not too forward or so recessed that you can't make out vocals, just a nice neutral - ISH sweet spot. I tried some pretty sibilant stuff but the Highs are rolled off enough that it wasn't a Factor. Fair Detail and Micro Details. I didn't get a handle on sound stage Dimension.  All in all a Pleasant, (albeit consumer-oriented), and what should be non fatiguing listen for most.

Now they are going off to the Burner. Will check in in about 30-50 Hours and see if anything Happens.

Quite a bang for the $$$$.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #47 of 115

Just received the earbuds! The accessories, case, and build quality of earbuds seem to surpass other brands with similar pricing.
The sound is great.
However, it seems bulky in my ear even with the smallest size. Maybe I just have small ears... Anyway, I'll continue to test it out before I reach a final conclusion.
The experience has been good so far.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #48 of 115
Had about 10hrs of use on the X5s. Here's a brief impression. A full, more developed one will be published with a week.

Decent extension in sub bass. Rumble is pretty decent, and mid bass has a significant boost, enough for me to consider the X5s basshead level. On the bright side, the bass doesn't muddle up the mids. X5s are distinctly V shaped and forward, in a sense like Sony's Z5(my favorite V shaped IEM). Treble seems fairly boosted as well, but the peak seems narrow enough to be not shrill on the ears(although the peak seems to be rather tall). Clarity is overall excellent, and instruments are separated properly. However, the soundstage seems to be on the smaller side. Overall, I say an excellent value for a fun, forward sounding IEM.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #49 of 115
Well....look what arrived, today?! I will have to listen tonight. Daughters Futbol match, calls...and thank you!

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #51 of 115
Also I finished up my review too, here it is also, paired very nicely with my phone.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/wired-earphones-mixcder-x5-in-ear-earbud-headphones-metal-housing-with-mic-noise-reducing-for-3-5mm-audio-output-iphone-and-other-smartphones-black/reviews/18422

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #52 of 115
cool.gif
I don't quite understand. I just received my pair on Friday, had a quick initial impressions and want to give them the benefit of a Doubt with a little Burn in. It will take me a week of serious listening and comparisons to other relatively same type/ price range IEMs and time to do an in depth review....

Not to offend anyone but HOW can you guys have actually made a valid assessment and Fair review in this short of time?

Maybe it's just me but if I'm going to commit to do a review for anyone, I put as much effort into it as if I have Purchased a TOTL Item at my own expense. If the Review is unfavorable so be it.

Sorry if I offend. JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #53 of 115
I'm with you Twin.  Mine arrived yesterday and I figure I'll be lucky to have enough time to finish the review before next Saturday between listening time and writing time.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #54 of 115
  I'm with you Twin.  Mine arrived yesterday and I figure I'll be lucky to have enough time to finish the review before next Saturday between listening time and writing time.

ksc75smile.gif
Well THAT, Yes. Plus the Fact I'm Lazy and tend to procrastinate, so I need a week for putting things off until Later.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #55 of 115
Initial impression - I'm liking them.  Well constructed, good useful accessories, and they have more detail than expected at their price point.  Now I need about 90 hours of listening time.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #57 of 115

cool.gif
I don't quite understand. I just received my pair on Friday, had a quick initial impressions and want to give them the benefit of a Doubt with a little Burn in. It will take me a week of serious listening and comparisons to other relatively same type/ price range IEMs and time to do an in depth review....

Not to offend anyone but HOW can you guys have actually made a valid assessment and Fair review in this short of time?

Maybe it's just me but if I'm going to commit to do a review for anyone, I put as much effort into it as if I have Purchased a TOTL Item at my own expense. If the Review is unfavorable so be it.

Sorry if I offend. JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

What I have found, albeit in my limited review experience, is that I can get a good judge of what works and doesn't pretty quickly. Usually within a day, I have formulated my initial findings. I then run the rig continuously (when the manufacturer specifies burn in) and gauge listens from there. I know there has been a lot of talk about burn in, and not burn in; but if the manufacturer specifies to do it, I will. Case in point the Nighthawk/NO. Placebo, or not I really think I heard a difference, but nothing Scientific to back it up....I also look for what separates (sound sig, sound stage, instrumentation, isolation, etc...) the chosen rig from other similar items.

Anyway, back to the review process...I too, take the responsibility seriously and find a week a VERY short window in which to gauge and judge something. That is where our personal gear comes in handy for comparison. I lay out a timeline (based upon what I have coming, and I'm at about 6 months out right now), and as the time approaches, gather similar sounding, or price point items and "re-listen" to that gear. For the X5, I have already thrown my Tennmak Pros and MEE Audio M6 Pro's (even my VE Monks!) back into my rotation for comparative purposes.

I will also admit, I have not touched my X5. Not even an initial listen. I have them playing on a secondary rig for a good bit, just because I can. I will have an unboxing video up tomorrow night, as a result. And actually, I will now throw the X5 on through my MacBook Pro/iFi Black Label as comparison to another rig I am doing!

Hope this helps.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #59 of 115
My X5 arrived over the weekend. The quick version: It's a fun good sounding, nice looking pair of earbuds. I am listening to music on them right now at work. For the price it's a no brainer. Full review to follow in a day or two. Great job designing these Mixcder !

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #60 of 115
My full review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/wired-earphones-mixcder-x5-in-ear-earbud-headphones-metal-housing-with-mic-noise-reducing-for-3-5mm-audio-output-iphone-and-other-smartphones-black/reviews/18434

Users who are viewing this thread

Back