New Release from UE ! UE900 & UE9000
Aug 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kamcok

100+ Head-Fier
Ultimate ears recently released their new flagship models the IEM ue900 
http://ue.logitech.com/en-au/earphones/ue900
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr0jMVhFYKU&feature=player_embedded

as well as a wireless pair of cans UE9000
http://ue.logitech.com/en-au/headphones/ue9000?wt.mc_id=global_redirect_news_ue9000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MS79BPN0gg&feature=plcp

I think, design wise, they look fantastic !
they look very modern to me
However, to be honest I've only owned a UE700, and I think it was a little bit overpriced for the sound quality that I got from it. 
Should I expect the same for the new models?
Who knows what kind sound these new models would bring?
what do you guys think ? share your opinions

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 18
The Updates about UE900 are available in other thread but not UE9000 BT.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 18
I'd at least trust the UE 900s to sound good, seeing that they flash 4 balanced armatures, as opposed to the UE 700s, that only have two balanced armatures. Since I own a pair of logitech tf10s, that flash 3 balanced armatures, and love their sound quality, I am sure that the UE 900s can at least sound slightly better, if not, immensely better. However, seeing that they cost $400, I would wait just under a year until the price goes down, seeing that the price for the tf10s went down significantly, from $400 to down about $170 on amazon (which I just bought about a month ago).

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:
I'd at least trust the UE 900s to sound good, seeing that they flash 4 balanced armatures, as opposed to the UE 700s, that only have two balanced armatures. Since I own a pair of logitech tf10s, that flash 3 balanced armatures, and love their sound quality, I am sure that the UE 900s can at least sound slightly better, if not, immensely better. However, seeing that they cost $400, I would wait just under a year until the price goes down, seeing that the price for the tf10s went down significantly, from $400 to down about $170 on amazon (which I just bought about a month ago).

This is a horrid misconception.  Tuning over numbers.  The Phonak PFE232 is one of the most respected IEMs on here being able to play ball with the W4s and only have 2 armatures.  The Sony XBA-4 has four drivers (similar setup to the W4 and 900s) but is much worse SQ-wise to the 232.  Don't fall into the numbers game.  There is no guarantee that 4 is better than one.  There is no guarantee that 1 is better than four.  You need to actually listen to them as tuning is mroe important. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 18
Shotgunshane just posted this in the deals alert thread. I think this is very valid info to add in this thread. Since for those who can register at Logitech it gives the UE900 a "streetprice" of $319

"Register any Logitech product (*any* product- UPC or other part numbers not required) and get a 20% coupon code that can be used for the new UE 900 or any earphone or headphone for that matter.  That makes the new UE 900 $319 shipped"

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:
Shotgunshane just posted this in the deals alert thread. I think this is very valid info to add in this thread. Since for those who can register at Logitech it gives the UE900 a "streetprice" of $319

"Register any Logitech product (*any* product- UPC or other part numbers not required) and get a 20% coupon code that can be used for the new UE 900 or any earphone or headphone for that matter.  That makes the new UE 900 $319 shipped"

Can you tell us more?..
Edit: Nevermind... I think.
Double edit: I registered my KB + mouse and attempted to preorder the UE900 (just to see if it'd work) and the coupon code does nothing :/

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

The TF10 came out in 2006. It was quite a bit longer then under a year before they went down "significantly". This is Logitech first big ticket earphone so we can't be sure how long they will hold the price. Maybe we will get a two-day deal next Black Friday on them if we are lucky.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
Can you tell us more?..
Edit: Nevermind... I think.
Double edit: I registered my KB + mouse and attempted to preorder the UE900 (just to see if it'd work) and the coupon code does nothing :/

That's odd...  It should work (unless the coupon code is country dependent...). 

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 18
Apparently the code doesn't work for UE products, it actually also says so in fine print in the email I received. I just tried the code to make sure. 
A friend of mine used the code yesterday and it worked for the UE900 but as it seems they must have changed it since then.

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
Apparently the code doesn't work for UE products, it actually also says so in fine print in the email I received. I just tried the code to make sure. 
A friend of mine used the code yesterday and it worked for the UE900 but as it seems they must have changed it since then.

That stinks :frowning2: 

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #11 of 18
Oh wow... Sorry for failing so hard guys... But I still think the UE 900s will have/have an excellent sound signature, inferring they should sound similar to the tf10s. But I guess the best way find out how they sound is to go find out for yourself/check out other forums and reviews of these headphones.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #12 of 18
Finally heard the UE 900 tonight. It's what the TF10 should have sounded like, but IMO it doesn't beat the W4. The W4 sounds more refined to my ears. The UE 900 will have to go back tomorrow. Again, it's quite an improvement over the TF10. If there's ever a sale and it goes as low as say $200, it will be worth having, but not at $400. The packaging is outstanding though. That's pretty much all I will say about them. I enjoy the W4 way more than the UE 900.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
Finally heard the UE 900 tonight. It's what the TF10 should have sounded like, but IMO it doesn't beat the W4. The W4 sounds more refined to my ears. The UE 900 will have to go back tomorrow. Again, it's quite an improvement over the TF10. If there's ever a sale and it goes as low as say $200, it will be worth having, but not at $400. The packaging is outstanding though. That's pretty much all I will say about them. I enjoy the W4 way more than the UE 900.

Can you elaborate a bit more ? maybe tell us what you think the sound signature sounds like ?

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Can you elaborate a bit more ? maybe tell us what you think the sound signature sounds like ?

The UE900's isn't as refined as the Westone 4's, so hence some will prefer the UE900's and some would prefer the Westone 4's, it comes to personal preference, but majority would prefer the Westone 4. Any idea how much the UE900 is selling for?

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
The UE900's isn't as refined as the Westone 4's, so hence some will prefer the UE900's and some would prefer the Westone 4's, it comes to personal preference, but majority would prefer the Westone 4. Any idea how much the UE900 is selling for?

UE 900 is 400 in the US.  W4R is 500 in the US. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back