New Release & Colorado Tour | X1s GT DAC with headphone amplifier, the 8th gen and the milestone of the classic aune X1 series
Dec 22, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #48 of 98
IMG_20211222_235317.jpg

Color me impressed.
This sounds pretty good!

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #52 of 98
Recieved the unit yesterday.Nice package, looks great:slight_smile:.Excited, I started checking everything in use, so plugged in my AKG 701.Connected then an Allo Digione to Coaxial input and an Allo USBridge Sig. to USB input.The unit seems to be working fine.¿Fine...? ¡Wait a second!Switching songs via USB I notice a delay at start playing...¿Really?¿Again an USB driver issue?¿On a 8th Generation device?Bad news, really bad news.This is just unacceptable:thumbsdown:! I would not have bought it if I had known it had this problem, that´s for sure...

IMG_20211228_170004 (Mediano).jpg

Then after tried on my W10 PC, after a proper install of the official driver from Aune's site, of course.

Captura de pantalla (174).png

The problem persists, with every media player...So no doubt about it.
And I wonder ¿What is the informatic team thinking about when decides to set a delay before playing a song?It is not the first time a device has such a driver issue out from the manufacter. And that´s a shame!
I've found a post where somebody explains a way to try and fix the problem, but it's not that easy, and things could go wrong, and I'm not sure it's safe and don't want to avoid warranty, since it's not an official source:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...os-driver-settings-for-no-cutoff-delay.25838/

Actually a pity,since I like the device looks and sound:worried:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #54 of 98
I can try, but even this could work, that's a solution for W10 only I guess.I would need a Linux solution as well, as I want to use the unit with my Allo USBridge Sig.Don't expect to make it work.
It's going to be a long journey in any case, crying around the net for someone to help me, something that it's going make me feel as a complete idiot...when it's all due a bad engineering of the manufacter...
Very sad :disappointed:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #55 of 98
I can try, but even this could work, that's a solution for W10 only I guess.I would need a Linux solution as well, as I want to use the unit with my Allo USBridge Sig.Don't expect to make it work.
It's going to be a long journey in any case, crying around the net for someone to help me, something that it's going make me feel as a complete idiot...when it's all due a bad engineering of the manufacter...
Very sad :disappointed:
I am currently using the USB input with the Silent Angel M1T transport and I don't experience the problem that you mention.
I am using BubbleUPnP to control my music and the only delay I get is the "loading to playlist" time.
Playing a full playlist I don't get any delay while skipping tracks.
When I choose to listen to a whole album and skip tracks there is also no delay.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #56 of 98
Very curious.¿are you using your unit as a stand alone DAC or as a DAC/amp?

May I have a faulty unit, but it's a USB issue 99%. Both the PC or my USBridge sig. transport suffer the same delay using the USB input.It's just the delay, everything else is OK.
Also, with the USB input, volume raises from, let's say 0 to the selected volume gradually, in a fraction of a second, a tenth of a second +/-, that's weird...so not only the 2 seconds delay yet that sort of merge volume start, every track.
With the coax input there's no delay at all, yet I've experienced the volume merge at start, but only after switching from USB to Coax input and only the first track of the session.

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #58 of 98
Very curious.¿are you using your unit as a stand alone DAC or as a DAC/amp?

May I have a faulty unit, but it's a USB issue 99%. Both the PC or my USBridge sig. transport suffer the same delay using the USB input.It's just the delay, everything else is OK.
Also, with the USB input, volume raises from, let's say 0 to the selected volume gradually, in a fraction of a second, a tenth of a second +/-, that's weird...so not only the 2 seconds delay yet that sort of merge volume start, every track.
With the coax input there's no delay at all, yet I've experienced the volume merge at start, but only after switching from USB to Coax input and only the first track of the session.
I am using it as a DAC/amp and I am not experiencing that volume raising you mention.
I haven't tried though with a PC , only with the transport.
Everything is working flawlessly, I just get the usual UPnP/transport delay "loading to playlist".
If I use the VitOS orbiter application of the Silent angel transport then switching songs is almost instant.

Jan 1, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #60 of 98
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back