New Rack is in the house
Aug 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fafner

500+ Head-Fier
The last part of my setup optimization has entered my home yesterday. It came already partially assembled and getting it ready took around 1h and one half of work from me alone. It looks very nice btw!

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 5
Is that a "Rack of Silence"? Any way that spider rack of yours really looks great! =)

Btw, try the CDP on top and power coupled units like the B52 PSU near the bottom. =)

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, that's a Rack of Silence from Solid Tech. I think it can be ordered directly fom the manufacturer too, but I ordered it from a german audio shop (Boxen Gross, Berlin) which is promoting these on Ebay.
Having the cdp on top would mean it wouldn't be on a suspended shelf anymore, which isn't something I want, but still could give it a try!

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 5
I settled on a Rack of Silence for my audio equipment, too. It looks pretty nice, and is sturdier than I thought it would be. I also got some of the Discs of Silence supports, which bring another level of suspension to the components.

There is a lot to like about this rack:

- It's relatively reasonably priced as far as high-fi racks go. Yes, US$1,000 is not cheap, but when compared to how much some other designer racks go for, it's not bad.

- The shelves are adjustable. With most racks, if you have a component that is too tall to fit on a shelf, you're stuck. With this rack, you can just move the shelf above it up to make some more room. You're also not limited by how deep a component is.

- You can add extra shelves if you need to. Granted, you are limited to the height of the legs, but if you have lots of thin equipment, you might be able to fit six shelves or more on the rack.

- It is lightweight and easy to move. I move a lot, and having a 300-pound audio rack that would have to get moved every time was not appealing to me.

- The manufacturer has measurements showing the effect of the using the isolators on equipment. Most rack manufacturers have lots of flowery prose about their racks, but little in terms of hard data. Solid-Tech, on the other hand, shows the actual impact of their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back