New R10's for $900?
Aug 14, 2007 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Calle

100+ Head-Fier
Well, hehe, This is kinda weird. A guy is selling a new pair of these for 900? The ad was on ebay. It was pretty quickly down and he said he got an offer so he took it down. That buyer obviously wasn't serious so they are still for sale. I asked different questions but all I got was the standard specifications and pictures. I know this is probably a scam but is there a way I can figure out if this is legit, or simply too good to be true? I'm 99% this is a scammer. He get's wanting to get my name and address and says he will make ebay send an invoice to me and then I should pay? Haha, some things ARE too good to be true.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 5
He wouldn't need your name and address to get ebay to send an invoice, he'd just need to make the listing BIN, and then you click buy. It's a scam, run away.

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 5
scam, if it sounds to good to true, it usually is!

The only really trustworthy deals on r10's thus far have been via headfi or audiogon, not ebay!
They sell nowhere near the 900 dollar mark.

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 5
I am 1,000,000% sure that it is an (obvious) scam.

If it were me, I would try a 'scam the scammer' type of thing just to screw with him.

If, however you are willing to take a risk, and there is that infinitesimally small chance that this is an actual legit Ebay auction *snickers to self*, then I say go for it. Then IF you ever receive the phones and they are in good condition, I will buy them from you at twice the price you paid for them. Then BOOM you just made yourself $900 for your troubles.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am 1,000,000% sure that it is an (obvious) scam.

If it were me, I would try a 'scam the scammer' type of thing just to screw with him.

If, however you are willing to take a risk, and there is that infinitesimally small chance that this is an actual legit Ebay auction *snickers to self*, then I say go for it. Then IF you ever receive the phones and they are in good condition, I will buy them from you at twice the price you paid for them. Then BOOM you just made yourself $900 for your troubles.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Hehehe
biggrin.gif

I told him I didn't trust him. Haven't heard from him since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back