NEW portable Setup (sansa clip +, Fiio e11, vsonic vsd1)
Jul 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Froststep

New Head-Fier
HI, I am currently looking for a new portable setup I had this in mind (sansa clip +, Fiio e11, vsonic vsd1) do you guys any suggestions or improvements?

Thanks 

I was also wondering if anyone had tried the new vsonic vsd1? also what are the other fiio amps amps like?

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 10
Well, VSD1 is pretty easy to drive and doesn't particularly benefit from amping, so the clip+ with the VSD1 alone will be fine. So unless you're really set on getting an amp, spending 60 bucks more on the e11 won't bring much to this setup. Btw, I'll also be getting the VSD1S probably in the beginning of next week, so if you want you can wait for a comparison between the two.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
 Btw, I'll also be getting the VSD1S probably in the beginning of next week, so if you want you can wait for a comparison between the two.

would be much appreciated.

Okay cool, i was actually planning to use the amp with other headphones too but primarily the vsd1. Also amps are supposed to rdeuce battery drain yes?

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Okay cool, I was actually planning to use the amp with other headphones too but primarily the vsd1. Also amps are supposed to reduce battery drain yes?

Amps are supposed to reduce (audio player) battery drain?
Battery will still drain the same rate with the Clip+, weither you use an external headphone amp or not.
Because the Clip + still needs to power the headphone jack.

You might consider getting the Clip Zip and install the "Rockbox" firmware.
I believe Rockbox helps extend battery life and the Clip Zip has a bigger screen.

I tried using a Fiio E6 amp with my Clip Zip,  but after awhile ended up just plugging the headphones straight into the Clip Zip.

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Okay cool, i was actually planning to use the amp with other headphones too but primarily the vsd1. Also amps are supposed to rdeuce battery drain yes?

Well, if you're bypassing the internal amp you could save some battery but in the case of the clip+ you'll be double amping as it doesn't have line-out. And when you double amp you should usually set the volume on the DAP at maximum or close to maximum, so you won't be saving any battery. And usually the amp will run out of battery faster than the DAP anyway.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Well, if you're bypassing the internal amp you could save some battery but in the case of the clip+ you'll be double amping as it doesn't have line-out. And when you double amp you should usually set the volume on the DAP at maximum or close to maximum, so you won't be saving any battery. And usually the amp will run out of battery faster than the DAP anyway.

ah right, i dont know what made me think that? thanks

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Ah right, I don't know what made me think that? thanks

Apple portable products come with an LOD port, which bypasses the Apple device's built in headphone amplifier, So it might be possible to extend the (Apple) device's battery.

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 10
update: i have never had a sansa before how does the sound fair in comparison to say, ipod classic 5th gen or cowon x9? I made a post about a week ago most were telling me that sansa clip is slightly better than ipod when rockboxed, is this true?

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
update: i have never had a Sansa before how does the sound fair in comparison to say, iPod classic 5th gen or Cowon x9? I made a post about a week ago most were telling me that Sansa clip is slightly better than iPod when Rockboxed, is this true?

I would be surprised if the $50 Sansa Clip (+ or Zip) will match the audio quality of a $200 Cowon X9.
Not sure about the Sansa verses iPod Classic 5th.

Rockboxing the Clip (+ or Zip) does not make the Clip hardware any better.
But Rockboxing does allow you to get the most out of the hardware.
Rockboxing should give you more options for fine turning(?) the Clips audio to the way you like your audio.

Might get more answers to these questions if you post this your questions on the website anythingbutipod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back