New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Sep 21, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #1,277 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you explain? The D1 plugging in through USB isn't SPDIF right? The TBAAM is a pretty cheap thing though. It probably wouldn't be good to also run it through the TBAAM and THEN through spdif. Isn't it the less amount things in the pathway the better it is?

will give it a try when my unit come..i've usb spdif on hand.
280smile.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #1,278 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i noticed on ibasso web, D1 is sold out, anyone knows when they're in stock again?

I received an email two days ago saying they had been waiting for component parts and that they were going to send me my D1. I wonder if they will now make more and have them in stock.

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #1,279 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received an email two days ago saying they had been waiting for component parts and that they were going to send me my D1. I wonder if they will now make more and have them in stock.

Stock shmok. JUST SEND ME MY 2ND ONE.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #1,280 of 2,626
I'm confused and a bit irked. I ordered one on 9/12 - they charged my paypal, but they never sent any order confirmation/acknowledgment or any delivery status updates. Two emails to them since asking for confirmation and/or updates have gone completely unanswered. Not an auspicious way to start. Anyone else have this problem of no confirmation, delay and no contact?

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #1,281 of 2,626
normally ibasso wont delay for email, as an dealer in malaysia, i think i have sent more than 50 emails to them. they always reply me within few hours, btw, they are not working on Saturday and Sunday...
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #1,282 of 2,626
When i first spoke to them, i got a reply within a few hours, recently it has been a few days. My guess is parts have arrived for the backlog of orders they have and are working to get them done. Instead of 3-4 people sitting around able to answer emails, maybe its only one person for 30 mins a day currently while they work through the backlog?

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #1,283 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by splawren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused and a bit irked. I ordered one on 9/12 - they charged my paypal, but they never sent any order confirmation/acknowledgment or any delivery status updates. Two emails to them since asking for confirmation and/or updates have gone completely unanswered. Not an auspicious way to start. Anyone else have this problem of no confirmation, delay and no contact?

Well I have ordered two of them now. The first one there was no confirmation until they shipped the unit, which was about 3 days. The second one I ordered on the 16th and got a message the next day that they were out of stock and there would be a 1-2 week delay before shipping.

To be honest I would not get too uptight. So far iBasso has a good record of customer service, it very likely that they have a backlog of orders to fill now that the word is out how nice the D1 is. They are probably putting in some long hours to catch up.

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #1,284 of 2,626
Update - After the second email, I got a response today saying the d1 was shipping and should arrive Tuesday. Good news - psyched. While they are swamped, they still need to ensure good communication with the customer, however impatient, unreasonable or annoying he may be . . .
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #1,285 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lot's of cable talk...

That's excellent mate. Cheers for that. Already ordered the tos to tos with adapters, so should be perfect. Thinking I should have ordered a backup though.

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #1,287 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know where I could get a mini to coaxial cable?

https://www.sysconcept.ca

I ordered one yesterday. I cannot comment on the build quality yet, but others here already have.

I can say that their customer service is TOP notch.

I ordered a custom length and didn't know how long I wanted it be, they replied in minuets all the way through our conversation until they knew what I wanted. Showed pictures of examples and ext.

Not too long later that day, I got an email from them saying they shipped it. Not an automated email, they personal typed it out and everything.

Real personal company. A++ from me.

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #1,289 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
https://www.sysconcept.ca

I ordered one yesterday. I cannot comment on the build quality yet, but others here already have.

I can say that their customer service is TOP notch.

I ordered a custom length and didn't know how long I wanted it be, they replied in minuets all the way through our conversation until they knew what I wanted. Showed pictures of examples and ext.

Not too long later that day, I got an email from them saying they shipped it. Not an automated email, they personal typed it out and everything.

Real personal company. A++ from me.

Do they do coaxial? Last I saw on their site, they just did optical.

(I just need coax/coaxial, I'm going to get a pacemaker, and that does digital out via the mini (3/8"?) out, over coaxial...I just don't know how to really get a cable for that...

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #1,290 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I never realized how easily bendable the DIP pins were. I just bought some IC socket and really cheap RS opamps to practice putting in and taking out. Hopefully I don't do damage to my amp!

Yeah, back in the day people used to upgrade their computer memory by inserting or pulling DIPs. This is why PC toolkits have DIP inserters and pullers. What people use them for now on PCs is a mystery to me.

Anyway if you have one of these kits you might find it useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back