NEW! Pioneer Se-Mj721 in White, Red, or Black
May 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
With their matte headband and two-toned exterior, the SE-MJ721 over-ear headphones are designed to provide optimum performance with club beats. They deliver a balanced and powerful listening experience, no matter how hard and heavy the music.
The SE-MJ721 incorporates large 40 mm drivers that deliver a playback frequency of 6 Hz to 28,000 Hz with an output level of 104 dB to ensure dynamic beat reproduction.
A gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug ensures excellent electrical contact and outstanding audio transmission, whereas a 1.2 m one-sided earphone cord reduces cord tangling.
The SE-MJ721 headphones all have red details on the inside and come in four colour variations: Black, White, and Red/Black and Brown/White.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/67/226/SE-MJ721-T/index.html

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZQxfb4goI[/VIDEO]

May 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 53
Is it just me or does it really look like they were going for the "Beats-look"? 

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 53
I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on it when you get it.  I've got the SE-MJ751 and the SE-MJ721 (both US versions and both in black).  Despite being from the same "family", I must say that I have found them to be completely different animals altogether.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #8 of 53
Quote:
I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on it when you get it.  I've got the SE-MJ751 and the SE-MJ721 (both US versions and both in black).  Despite being from the same "family", I must say that I have found them to be completely different animals altogether.

Yours is the Steez branded right?  Is the cable on the 721 detectable like the 751?  Do you have the Apple controls on the cable?  Could you please post a picture of the cable?

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Yours is the Steez branded right?  Is the cable on the 721 detectable like the 751?  Do you have the Apple controls on the cable?  Could you please post a picture of the cable?

Yup, both are Steez branded - which I don't mind at all.  While I don't live the dance/urban lifestyle, I'd like to think that I practice "style with ease" in everything I do...
cool.gif
  Plus it's no worse than having a Beats logo on the side of it - which I tend to have disdain for.

The 721 does NOT have a detachable cable, but the cable does have Apple controls on it (as shown in pic). 

It would have been great if the also made the 721 with a detachable cord like the 751 (also shown), but I understand that jacks cost money. 

BTW, please excuse the rather poor quality of the lame ass camera on my phone.  It was the only camera I had on me at the time.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 53
Quote:
Is it just me or does it really look like they were going for the "Beats-look"? 

I'm not sure about the "Beats" look.  Beats tend to look symmetrical from front to back, whereas these have an angle to them to better fit the way human ears are oriented on our heads.  If I had to liken them to anything out there, it'd probably be the Shure SRH240.

One thing I do like about the looks is that the yokes/bails bend inward right above the ear cups.  I know it seems like a subtle thing, but the end result is that the sides don't extend out as much and scream for attention.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #12 of 53
You're welcome of course.  It seems like only the US versions come with the Apple 3-button cable.  Both Europe and Japan seem to only include normal cables.  I'd contact Pioneer USA or America or whatever they're called here in the States and see what they can do for you.  BTW and FWIW, the Apple cable they include is one quality-made cable . . . MUCH more durable and resilent than most Apple 3-button cables I've come across (including the crap ControlTalk cables that ship with Beats).

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #14 of 53
LOL, wouldn't know.  I got these over a month ago and I tend to junk boxes once the return period is up.  If you're able to find a pic of the box I would think that there may very well be a part number back there (I do remember there being quite a bit of writing on the back).

FYI:  Just to be clear to anyone stumbling onto this thread, we're now talking about the 751 and it's detachable cable.  The 721 has a fixed cable - at least in the STEEZ branded models here in the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back