NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ591 "Audiophile" headphones unboxing & impressions to come.
Apr 15, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #181 of 188
Yugster has these for $110 right now. I'm not sure if they're worth it since I haven't heard them.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #183 of 188
Yeah it will fit the 751 so I'll use it on that. It's a real shame Pioneer was so stupid to make the cable like that. Here's the OEM part number for the stock cable.
No price yet.

PART DETAILS - WDE1418

I can report from personal experience that the cable that comes with the Koss Tony Bennett Special Edition (TBSE) fits the Pioneer SE-MJ591.  This is an 8ft coiled cable.  Since the TBSE is just a cosmetic variant of the Koss ProDJ100, I imagine that the TBSE cable is identical to the ProDJ100 cable, and therefore the ProDJ100 cable also fits. I read somewhere that Koss does not sell cables separately, but I have never tried. I can also report that the Logitech UE6000 cable does not fit the SE-MJ591; on the other hand, the SE-MJ591 and TBSE cables fit the UE6000, although of course you lose the iPhone controls.

HiFiGuy528, this may solve your problem, if you still have the TBSE that you unboxed at http://www.head-fi.org/t/630060/koss-tony-bennett-special-edition-on-sale-picked-up-a-pair!

And on a related matter, the SE-MJ591 are on clearance sale at a local (Columbia, SC) Best Buy for about $75.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #184 of 188
Hi guys! 

I saw a nice little offer for these headphones on Ebay today. They are discounted from $300 to $60. Would you recommend me this pair of headphones for that price or are there better ones out there for this price category? I'd use them exclusively for music, mostly progressive rock, metal, instrumental rock, classical music, operas, live concerts, stuff like that (not really much into electronic music, so the thumping bass is not a prerequisite to me). Currently I have a Superlux HD-660 which I like a lot. Although I was planning to buy some open circumaural headphones because I was amazed how great they sound, if this is worth buying (and I wouldn't mind a good portable pair of headphones since the Superlux is everything but optimal for that) then I might change my mind. 
Or what do you think what might be the reason for such a steep price drop? I was a bit surprised to see that but since I read some good reviews about the product, I thought I might ask those who are competent in the question, so thanks in advance for your help. It's just that where I live in Hungary, these headphones still cost approximately $300, so that's out of question but if this is a once in a lifetime opportunity then I would rather take it than let it go. :) 

Thanks! 

Tom 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-SE-MJ591-Headband-Headphones-Black-/131045647231?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1e82ede37f

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #185 of 188
  Hi guys! 

I saw a nice little offer for these headphones on Ebay today. They are discounted from $300 to $60. Would you recommend me this pair of headphones for that price or are there better ones out there for this price category? I'd use them exclusively for music, mostly progressive rock, metal, instrumental rock, classical music, operas, live concerts, stuff like that (not really much into electronic music, so the thumping bass is not a prerequisite to me). Currently I have a Superlux HD-660 which I like a lot. Although I was planning to buy some open circumaural headphones because I was amazed how great they sound, if this is worth buying (and I wouldn't mind a good portable pair of headphones since the Superlux is everything but optimal for that) then I might change my mind. 
Or what do you think what might be the reason for such a steep price drop? I was a bit surprised to see that but since I read some good reviews about the product, I thought I might ask those who are competent in the question, so thanks in advance for your help. It's just that where I live in Hungary, these headphones still cost approximately $300, so that's out of question but if this is a once in a lifetime opportunity then I would rather take it than let it go. :) 

Thanks! 

Tom 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-SE-MJ591-Headband-Headphones-Black-/131045647231?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1e82ede37f

I ended up giving mine as a gift to my daughter, who likes them a lot.  They are excellent headphones.  They are very efficient and portable.  It came down to giving her the Harman-Kardon CLs or these, and I thought that she would prefer the Pioneers.  As others have pointed out, they are not bass-heavy phones, but they have an exceptionally clear sound.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #187 of 188
If anyone is interested, I found an easy mod to make these sound fuller and bassier. All you have to do is open headphones by removing the earpad and removing the screws, look at the back of the driver, and remove the little white sticker covering the hole. This allows the bass to resonate a lot more. They sound a lot better to me, especially with rock.

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #188 of 188
If anyone is interested, I found an easy mod to make these sound fuller and bassier. All you have to do is open headphones by removing the earpad and removing the screws, look at the back of the driver, and remove the little white sticker covering the hole. This allows the bass to resonate a lot more. They sound a lot better to me, especially with rock.

did this mod and just as what ^ said,  thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back