New Philips 890's
Feb 14, 2002 at 7:45 AM Post #46 of 63
Tee hee hee

Time for a frosty Tasman Bitter!

cool.gif

Feb 14, 2002 at 8:02 AM Post #47 of 63
The philips 890 suck,close your eyes and think of all the bad ways something can suck,open them and you are on the right track.the rest of the boards are laughing at you guys(team philips) now.You guys are the Jamaican bobsled team of head-fi.On their best day these are $29.00 headphones.Every time I even look at these headphones my ******* hurts,cause I know I got screwed.These phones are lo-fi on their very best day.Whenever I see a small group of zealots defend such piece of **** equipment I think of the guy who,whilst pushing his dead BMW GS650 motorcycle would not stop talking about what a great bike it was.LOL!!!

Feb 14, 2002 at 10:37 AM Post #49 of 63
Whoa, there's some really arrogant remarks flying from tuberoller here...

I've done many blind comparison tests with my friends using the HP890s, and the response when I tell them the price compared to my Beyers is pretty positive.

I have to say that there's a lot of headphones in the Sennheiser range that I think sound worse to me than the HP890s, but I'm not about to jump on anyone who LIKES one of them and tell them that because I think the headphones suck, they must be an idiot for liking them.

Tuberoller: time to take a stress pill, think things over and perhaps AVOID HP890 conversations from now on. You obviously have your own jaded opinion, perhaps putting the headphones up your ******* had an adverse effect on the sound quality, who knows.. just move on.
tongue.gif

PS: I paid closer to $45US for my HP890s, but I got a special deal, which is also applied to my Beyers which cost me around $100US ea.

PPS: I wish it was friday so I could drink irresponsible amounts of beer and not have to go to work in the morning, but alas.

Feb 14, 2002 at 10:55 AM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
, perhaps putting the headphones up your ******* had an adverse effect on the sound quality,

Excellent diagnosis Dr. Snufkin...
and that would explain the constant verbal diarrohea.

A sad case indeed.

Feb 14, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
The philips 890 suck,close your eyes and think of all the bad ways something can suck,open them and you are on the right track.the rest of the boards are laughing at you guys(team philips) now.You guys are the Jamaican bobsled team of head-fi.On their best day these are $29.00 headphones.Every time I even look at these headphones my ******* hurts,cause I know I got screwed.These phones are lo-fi on their very best day.Whenever I see a small group of zealots defend such piece of **** equipment I think of the guy who,whilst pushing his dead BMW GS650 motorcycle would not stop talking about what a great bike it was.LOL!!!

I hope this is just your attempt at sarcasm. There seems to be no objectivity in your comments at all. Coupled with your obvious bias against them to begin with, one has to question your sincerity. If you even remotely like your HD600s, I find it hard that you can really say those things about the HP890. In the future, you may consider using a more standardized review format instead of citing bad analogies for your entire impressions of them.

Feb 14, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #53 of 63
[MODERATOR ALERT]

OK, guys, this has gotten a bit out of hand on all sides. Let's get back to civil discussion all around.

Feb 15, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #54 of 63
Ok,I was just kidding.I don't like the HP890 but I also thought these guys could take a joke.If anyone was truly offended I'm sorry.I hope you guys know that even though your phones really,really blow I think you are all ok.I will send the HP890 and 910 to Mac and see what he thinks.If he likes them I will shut up forever about team Philips.If he hates them too,It's open season on team crap phones.This will be fun however it goes.

Feb 15, 2002 at 12:25 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Ok,I was just kidding.I don't like the HP890 but I also thought these guys could take a joke.If anyone was truly offended I'm sorry.

I truly didn't see the funny part in most of your posts, and it seems the others didn't either... sorry

Feb 15, 2002 at 1:34 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Mumrik

I truly didn't the the funny part in most of your posts, and it seems the other didn't either... sorry

Well,you've made 400 posts and you still don't get it.You never will.

Feb 15, 2002 at 2:16 PM Post #57 of 63
Some people just dont know when to take a hint and shutup.

Even after Macdefs timely intervention, you continue to post veiled insults and childish provocative taunts.

I know eight year olds with better social skills .... and a more sophisticated sense of humor Tuberoller.

Funny you aint.

Feb 15, 2002 at 2:23 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Buddha
Some people just dont know when to take a hint and shutup.

Even after Macdefs timely intervention, you continue to post veiled insults and childish provocative rhetoric.

I know eight year olds with better social skills .... and a more sophisticated sense of humor Tuberoller.

Funny you aint.

Point made and taken.I quit.

Feb 15, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #60 of 63
Hey guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a question: what are the big differences between the hp890s and the 910s? It seems to me from the posts I read here that the 890s sound better and are more comfortable - no matter how the 910 is the top-of-the-line product...

I'm asking this because I plan on buying one of them but apparently the 890 is not available in my country and I'm really thinking about ordering them on the net or have friends buy them for me and send them over -- I can get the 910s in my local shop and I'm willing to pay the price for them.

The 890 looks a lot more comfortable and the reviews I read indicate that it is more neutral than the 910 which I've read somewhere is aimed at listeners of electronica or dance music and has problems with its midrange?

I'm also looking into the new 55 ohm akg 240-s - they call it 'studio' or something... what do you know about those? I would like to buy low-impedance cans which if necessary can be easily driven by portable devices or soundcards even.

Any help idea suggestion would be greatly appriciated. I'm so glad I have found this place I have learned so much about headphones over the past 3-4 day LOL just by reading through your threads.

smily_headphones1.gif

Take Care,
Subtext

Users who are viewing this thread

Back