New PCDP needed: cdrw/mp3 support, remote. Suggestions?
Oct 24, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #16 of 26
cool.gif

attachment.php

Oct 24, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #17 of 26
Yeah, the NE1 and NE9 are pretty much the same. Although the NE1 has longer battery life when using rechargables:

NE9: ATRAC3plus: 40 / CD: 25 hours
NE1: ATRAC3plus: 55 / CD: 35 hours

Ah, ok - so I can plug my headphones straight in. With my old Discman, the remote used a 'micro' plug.

Thanks,
Prizm

Oct 24, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #18 of 26
Better battery life isn't always a good thing
evil_smiley.gif
. Could mean the amp has been cheap'ed out
so they can concentrate on spending more power on the disc spinning or other stuff to make the
PCDP last longer.

BTW, iMP-550 for $162. With that power transformer thingy and other stuff,
you'd still have enough money to buy a cheap pair of shoes
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #20 of 26
Amazon doesn't ship overseas though...

Hmm...so it's back to either the NE1 or 550. I found an Australian site with the iMP-550, and the price isn't too bad - considering I won't have to pay for a transformer or for shipping.

Can anyone confirm that the skip issue with the 550 has been resolved? Also, which color of the 550 do you guys reckon looks better - the black or silver?

Prizm

Oct 24, 2003 at 10:59 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
The D-NE1 supposedly has "technology" that makes the lid never get hot, it dissipates heat so it won't hurt you when you leave it in the sun and touch it.

hardly the most must-have feature tho... hurt your hand when u touch it after leaving it in the sun
confused.gif
Maybe if the ne9 was black and u left it outside in very hot sun for a while?
confused.gif

Oct 24, 2003 at 2:47 PM Post #23 of 26
I can say it doesnt get hot at all during normal use tho, theres no sun here now as winter is soon upon us so I cant test the sun thing... Ive never had any dicman get hot tho. My 963sa on the other hand, that thing gets really hot

Oct 26, 2003 at 3:24 AM Post #26 of 26
I have one of these and it is amazing. I use HD280's with them and its just sweeet. I cannot complain about the player at all and I'm sure you can get a sweet sweet deal on it. I mean to be honest, its got everything you want and the sound is just great...i have had no problem with battery life either...I don't see the point in spending more than $150 on any portable player unless you're talkin IPOD...because those...well those just seem sweet.

Isaiah

and remember, The Dude does not roll on Shabbas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back