New Panasonic HTX9, high-end version of the HTX7
Apr 15, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #31 of 36
Hmm, I love my 7s, although since a small drop I'm more aware of the resonance people mentioned earlier in the thread. Would these be a worthwhile upgrade given the price or should I go for Grado SR-80s? I like good bass, so that's why I'm drawn to these.

May 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #32 of 36
Id like to see a comparison of these and the new K450 these are the two portable cans i've been eyeing the most but i haven't seen much in the way of reviews

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #33 of 36
I'm fairly new to writing reviews, so please dont mind my efforts.
My review is not professional, and are based on my opinion and experience using it, and comparing with others i've owned.

I've been using the HTX-9 for 6mths now, The experience has been great.
BODY:
Pros:
- soft leather pads, offers long lasting comfort. 5 hrs of listening before a pinch of discomfort.
- instant & effortless adjusting to perfect fit. (without having to take it off to fiddle with it.)
- aluminum casing, helps to release heat build-up while keeping it light.
- handsome Cans
- cord surprisingly durable, and high resistant to cracks. No signs of hardening as of now.
Cons:
- Cheap "looking" cord
- If you're buying just for the looks, please reconsider. As almost all would assume it's the HTX-7.

SOUND
Pros:
- good warm Bass, leans towards the mid-mild side yet very distinct and resonating.
- mids and highs are $170 accurate.
- hsss problems are very insignificant even w/ high solo vocals.

Cons:
- though worth for it's price-tag, there are better sounding.
- mids and highs are sometimes overwhelmed by the bass.

I haven't noticed much of echo effects, so some damping must have been done. I wonder if it puts a toll on the mids and highs, As i believe they can be improved.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #34 of 36
have you tried any other headphones as comparison?

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #35 of 36
From the brief time I've spent with the HTX-9's in Mingo's headphone store in HK, it's not worth the extra penny. Even though I have to admit I didn't spend much time with it, when i compared it to the HTX7's that were next to it, i wasn't blown away. I would expect to actually hear a difference when you spend an extra 100+ dollars but to me, I would rather buy a different pair.

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #36 of 36
hi everyone. Looking for some HTX9 to buy. anybody wants to sell theirs?
i listened to them once in japan but went with the htx7 because of the money-sound-ratio. but never got the htx9 out of my mind.

cheers, steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back