New pair of ER4P arriving soon - Burn in candidate?
Apr 23, 2009 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

autosound

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I know everyone has a pair but I haven't been able to find anything about burn in. Does it open up after long term use or does it sound the way it should sound right out of the box?

I'm pretty excited about these, and I hope I have good reason to. Also, I heard that they will go very well with my minibox-e+. This is also coming from a former se530 owner, but I had to sell those for financial reasons.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 8
I am listening to it out of the P-51 and it sounds outstanding. It seems a lot of Ety's users, or at least some with a lot of experience with these phones say the Minibox-E+ is the ticket.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ansatz is that balanced armature headphones like these don't respond to burn in.

Yea, I read that in a couple of places and didn't really know if it was universal. That's good news actually. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am listening to it out of the P-51 and it sounds outstanding. It seems a lot of Ety's users, or at least some with a lot of experience with these phones say the Minibox-E+ is the ticket.

Nice. I'm down for some synergy.

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 8
I have never experienced any change from burning in ER4's. Now the APS cables for the ER4 is a different story, they require upwards of 200 hours to sound their best.

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 8
I dont think it's a possibility for the ety's to literally burn anything. That beautiful, stone-cold sound quality is there from the start.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #7 of 8
Any Ety fans might be interested to know that Antonyfirst is selling his ER4P with Apuresound cable (to finance a new one, with a longer cable). Just an FYI. Asking $260 (in For Sale). Tempted, but can't spend the money.

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 8
That was originally mine. Very good price for a fantastic and fully burned in cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back