New Oz member waiting for AK120 and suggestions for closed back phones
Jul 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 12
Appreciate reply, just trying to find out if any other suggestions and do intend to demo if possible.
Haven't heard AK120 in action so will have to wait and see what is good combination have W4 and DT1350 to start

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
I really liked K3003 if you ask me. Very balanced and clear sound.

They seem to be loved or hated ,more due to the price I think but there does seem to be trend for expensive universals with Shure release
and Final Audio iems.

Just waiting for stock to arrive with out inline remote.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

They seem to be loved or hated ,more due to the price I think but there does seem to be trend for expensive universals with Shure release
and Final Audio iems.

Just waiting for stock to arrive with out inline remote.

Personally, I loved the clean and articulate sound. But it is a tiny bit overpriced. Something like $1000 would have made the 3003 a great choice. I also don't like the inline remote.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
I really liked K3003 if you ask me. Very balanced and clear sound.

Agree on price was just due to discount changed my mind from T5p to try AKG's What source did you hear AKG 3003 on
Now have reasonable amount of hi res flac and ripped cd's hence AK120 purchase, very happy with it and usb dac function is 
good now thinking of selling other dac amps.  dragonfly/ HP1 /RSA Predator 

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Agree on price was just due to discount changed my mind from T5p to try AKG's What source did you hear AKG 3003 on
Now have reasonable amount of hi res flac and ripped cd's hence AK120 purchase, very happy with it and usb dac function is 
good now thinking of selling other dac amps.  dragonfly/ HP1 /RSA Predator 

My source was AK100+Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII and GS3(via usb out)+UHA-6S.MKII.
If you can get it for under $1050, I think 3003 are awesome. I also think I will sell my Modi since USB audio on AK100 is satisfactory(though not at AK120 level).

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Kimvictor thanks for your replies looking forward to getting AKG's must admit was in two minds as was quite impressed with T5p
thinking if can sell other stuff you never know might get them yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back