New owner of Beyer Custom One Pros, thinking of switching to the DT 770 32 OHM looking for some final advice.
Oct 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KarlAgathon

100+ Head-Fier
So I've owned my COPs for almost two weeks now. Have read here and there that the DT 770 32 OHM is almost as good bass wise and much better soundstage wise then the COPs. Can anyone here confirm that? Not a basshead, but do listen to a lot of electronic music and enjoy a decent amount of bass, but not so much that it drowns everything else out. I realize the COPs are a fun type headphone. Just a little underwhelmed at their performance when it comes to genres like Jazz and Rock.

Currently don't have an amp/dac (plan to get one hopefully soon) and I mainly listen to music on my Galaxy S3 phone. its one of the reasons I went with the COPs due to its low impedance. Any advice before I pass the point of no return would be appreciated, thanks!!

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 6
I would say to get the cheaper DT770 Pro 250-Ohm and with the cash you save, buy a Fiio E11 amplifier, to use with your Galaxy phone.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 6
  I would say to get the cheaper DT770 Pro 250-Ohm and with the cash you save, buy a Fiio E11 amplifier, to use with your Galaxy phone.

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply. Isn't the E11 is just an amp though right?  Wouldn't I be better served (if I decided to go that route) to get an amp/dac combo? Especially because the DAC in the GS3 (American version) isn't known to be all that good. Been taking a hard look at the Fiio E07K. I also heard Fiio is coming out with a new model specifically for the Android OS system. The E18 I think? Might just wait for that one.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 6

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply. Isn't the E11 is just an amp though right?  Wouldn't I be better served (if I decided to go that route) to get an amp/dac combo? Especially because the DAC in the GS3 (American version) isn't known to be all that good. Been taking a hard look at the Fiio E07K. I also heard Fiio is coming out with a new model specifically for the Android OS system. The E18 I think? Might just wait for that one.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I don't know for sure what kind of new Android phones can work with what external DAC.
So I'm not really offering any opinion on it.

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't know for sure what kind of new Android phones can work with what external DAC.
So I'm not really offering any opinion on it.

+ 1

Don't know about the E07K, but the E17 apparently only works on the S3 with a recording app, not your media player. Be careful and do your research and verify before buying a DAC to work with any Android phone. Don't assume because one DAC works with one phone that it works with another, either.

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 6
+ 1

Don't know about the E07K, but the E17 apparently only works on the S3 with a recording app, not your media player. Be careful and do your research and verify before buying a DAC to work with any Android phone. Don't assume because one DAC works with one phone that it works with another, either.

That's the main reason I haven't bought one yet. Have read threads here and in other forums that many amps are hit and miss when it comes to the GS3. The most positive results coming from the E07K. The new one from Fiio supposedly coming out soon is supposed to be specifically designed to work with Android. Well, at least that's what I've read anyway. Thanks for the advice.

Even if I end up keeping the COPs, still want to get an amp/dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back