New Oriveti O800 8BA Flagship IEM
Dec 12, 2020 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ryanjsoo

Reviewer for The Headphone List
ryanjsoo's Reviews
Intro

This one certainly flew under the radar for me and I'm sure many others. I was thankful that a few impressions started popping up online, mostly from international enthusiasts, that drew my attention. This is the latest earphone from Oriveti who previously gained notoriety with their Primacy and OH hybrid earphones. The company is known for their ergonomic designs and smooth yet clean and balanced sound tuning.

The O800 is their latest model and the first non-hybrid from the company. It features an 8-BA driver setup with 3-way crossover in a 2x bass, 4x mid, 2x high configuration. This is paired with handmade resin body and 8-wire SPC cable. Though we don't have much more detail than that, visual inspection reveals two BIG Oriveti branded BA drivers for bass, the company mentioned they built custom drivers for this earphone but were unable to specify further to me.

Specifications

- Handmade Resin Body
- Drviers: 8x Exclusive BA (2x Bass, 4x Mid, 2x High)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 40kHz
- Impedance: 15 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 110dB @ 1kHz
- Cable: Handmade 8-wire SPC
- RRP: $799 USD (Product Page)

First Impressions

The design is gorgeous and a step up in construction from their previous OH-range. We get a combo of rich emerald green with bronze nozzle and subtly brushed faceplates for added dimension and texture. They are a bit large but are ergonomically shaped so I still get a very comfortable fit and strong seal. Strangely, there is a vent on the outer face but I hear no sound leakage nor is isolation worse than my sealed earphones - I will have to discuss with the company what this does.

DSC00290.jpg

Sound Impressions

Oriveti O800.png

Testing Methodology:
Measured using Arta via IEC 711 coupler to Startech external sound card. 7-9KHz peaks may be artefacts/emphasized due to coupler resonance. Measurements besides channel balance are volume matched at 1KHz. Fit depth normalized to my best abilities between earphones. Due to these factors, my measurements may not accurately reflect the earphone or measurements taken by others.

Sonically, the O800 definitely is well-equipped to honour its flagship status. It pumps out a highly balanced and deliciously smooth sound with the best tonality and coherence I've heard yet from Oriveti. There's enough colouration that this will never be labelled as a boring or bland earphone, similarly, it is tastefully restrained so as to retain a very natural timbre and voicing.

DSC00294.jpg

Relative to past Oriveti earphones, it has a little more mid over sub-bass focus giving it a slightly warmer and more robust low-end presentation. Bass is not super deep-reaching but has excellent punch and weight - two large Oriveti-branded BA drivers are visible on inspection which I'll also want to dive into later. The midrange remains clean with a dip in the lower-mids for separation. Characteristic of Oriveti, vocals sit slightly forward and both clarity and cleanliness are outstanding with strong upper-midrange extension.

Yet, as they are flattered with a super smooth articulation, the O800 is never intense, peaky or over-forward, it sounds highly refined and impressively coherent. The lower-treble is smooth but very well-detailed. Extension is strong with a nice sparkle and micro-detail retrieval. It has a nice sense of headroom despite having a relatively dark and clean background due to its strong extension and uptick of upper-harmonic presence.

Early Verdict

Altogether, one of the most impressive earphone's I've heard lately and a great follow up to the OH-series. I'm a fan of the more naturally voiced bass tuning and slightly more euphonic tonality than past Oriveti earphones. Yet, it also retains key characteristics of their house-sound, remaining smooth and powerful in its voicing. In turn, the O800 is a paragon of coherence and liquidity (for lack of better terminology). This is another earphone that I enjoyed photographing, especially with their unique colour-scheme and hyper-gloss finish. I am looking forward to spending much more time with it for my full review! In the interim, we have some great write-ups already on the net linked below.

Full Reviews

Earmass - @mrinspire
Head-Fi - @twiceboss

Dec 12, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Super woah. Thanks for the curve. I was wondering how it curves and well well, totally what I'm hearing. This set sings beautifully!

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Did anyone compare O800 with penon Volt, IT07 or Ttansio mirai TSMR-8/10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back