New Oppo BDP-93
Nov 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

sokolov91

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Guys,

Cool new Universal player/transport from oppo out!

http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-93/blu-ray-BDP-93-Images.aspx

Anyone planning to get one? It DOES do FLAC now AND supports eSATA... quite the feature list and for many tech-challenged people could completely replace a PC for audio. These guys simply tack on EVERYTHING and really make their transports universal.

Looks like it does lots of fancy downsampling and LPCM of DTS HD and all that jazz... looks to be an epic transport (or DAC too) for a headphone set up!

I am planning to get one of these when I free some funds up.

Any thoughts? I am planning on having it feed my soon-to-be-delivered Ref - 7.

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 52
I have one of their last gen DVD players... the lower tier one.. can't remember the model number. Great universal transport, but I would definitely enjoy being able to watch bluray movies and stuff on it too.

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 52
Yep, I'm looking at getting the 93 when they come out.  I currently have the 980 and 981 dvd players and never had any problems of disc they couldn't read.  The 93 will be my first blu ray so it's a big jump into the game.

James

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 52
My 93 is on a truck being shipped to my house as we speak.  I plan on hooking it up to a M-Stage Matrix and then headphones.  I'll try to post impressions after it's all set up and I have a chance to demo some material.

I will also use the 93 for my regular home theater (i.e. movies, CD playback through my loudspeakers, etc).

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 52

Quote:
My 93 is on a truck being shipped to my house as we speak.  I plan on hooking it up to a M-Stage Matrix and then headphones.  I'll try to post impressions after it's all set up and I have a chance to demo some material.

I will also use the 93 for my regular home theater (i.e. movies, CD playback through my loudspeakers, etc).

sweet! I eagerly await your impressions!

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 52

Quote:

Quote:
Any word on the SE version?

Only thing I could find is Music Direct has a listing for a BDP-95
No other information is given on this model and even a thread started on the AVS forum was locked.  Now it's unlocked but with no response.

James 

That BDP-95 looks sick.. balanced too... I guess they were tired of losing potential customers for something so silly as only having SE outputs.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 52
Loved my oppo 981HD so much, I ordered in the bdp-93 :) Should be here in the next few days! I bought my original PS3 cecha01 player for gt5 and blu ray years ago... and well I was not very happy with GT5 so needed a new blue ray player and WOW this baby is PACKED with stuff! Cannot wait to give it a run! Surprised to see it on these forums so I thought I would post.

Oppo customer service is outstanding as well, a few years back my wife lost the remote to my 981 and I called oppo, they sent me a new remote FREE OF CHARGE and thanked me for being a customer! Who the heck does that sort of thing anymore? They have a customer for life!

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #13 of 52

Quote:
Loved my oppo 981HD so much, I ordered in the bdp-93 :) Should be here in the next few days! I bought my original PS3 cecha01 player for gt5 and blu ray years ago... and well I was not very happy with GT5 so needed a new blue ray player and WOW this baby is PACKED with stuff! Cannot wait to give it a run! Surprised to see it on these forums so I thought I would post.

Oppo customer service is outstanding as well, a few years back my wife lost the remote to my 981 and I called oppo, they sent me a new remote FREE OF CHARGE and thanked me for being a customer! Who the heck does that sort of thing anymore? They have a customer for life!

Excited to read your impressions (they are forthcoming, right :wink: ).

FWIW, being an avid fan of GT3, I absolutely l ove GT5 even if it is not the step forward it should have been... more a refinement and entry in HD.

I am using a cheap oppo DVD right now as my universal player... other than it being slow as molasses loading CD's it ready everything under the sun and works without a hitch!

if I get enough money to spare I would love to upgrade to the newer oppo. Is the video quality really that much better? I am using a Samsung 5000 level LED tv (40 inches). Not exactly videophile, but it was the best my student pocketbook could buy me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back