[NEW] Nocs NS500 IEM
Apr 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

aLm0sT

100+ Head-Fier
Nocs just released their latest IEM, the NS500. They are now available for pre order for $79.95 with shipping in late May. 
These look quite nice to me. Anyone had experience with their previous IEM's? 

NS500 ALUMINIUM

The next-generation Nocs NS500 is a study in evolution. The aluminum housing that we debuted in 2008 has been continuously refined, to the point where it is now a CNC-machined, Chamfered-cut work of art. This superior approach to materials equates to a sound that’s equally superior, supplying the listener with an amazing sonic experience that offers impeccable balance, rich detail and a deep bass in equal measure. 

Moreover, the NS500 is complimented by a tangle-free cable and a three-button remote for seamless iPod, iPhone and iPad control. The MEMS silicon microphone removes GSM/TDMA burst noise and picks up your speech 360 degrees. Four different-sized ear tips, one sets each to provide an excellent fit.

Sound characteristics

he NS500 takes sound to a new level, placing the listener at the nexus of the entire sonic spectrum. The custom dynamic speaker with titanium coated diaphragm is designed for the best possible listening experience with well-tuned mids, pristine highs, natural bass – they’re all here in the NS500. 

Our sound-tuning process takes around six months. In addition to customizing the speaker itself, we spend a lot of time optimizing the housing size and the bass vent’s size and design. In total, a dynamic Nocs earphone spends more than a year in development - proving that we leave nothing to chance in our quest for perfection.

Materials and design 

High-precision CNC Machining allows us to produce complex shapes that would be virtually impossible to achieve with standard machining. For the chamfer-cut edge, a precise angle lets us create the perfect design highlight. The aluminum housing’s sandblasted surface gives it superior scratch resistance and a smooth, even surface that enhances the high-polish edge. 

As usual, we’ve gone the extra mile to ensure that each NS500 component, from the Kevlar-reinforced cables to the noise-isolating silicon sleeves, is designed and manufactured for unparalleled durability and performance.

Features

1. Speaker: 8.0 mm dynamic
  2. Diaphragm: Titanium coated
  3. Sensitivity: 106 dB SPL @ 1 kHz
  4. Impedance: 16 Ohm @ 1 kH
  5. Frequency: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
  6. Housing: Sandblasted Aluminum
  7. Cord length: 1.2 m
  8. 1 year replacement warranty

Available in four different colors: gold, silver, grey, black

Link: http://nocs.se/products/ns500-aluminum

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Their NS-800 are actually quite close to neutral, and are tuned very well, I was definitely impressed with them.  I wasn't as impressed with the NS-400 unfortunately though. 

May 22, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 4
The NS500's is hyper balaced with the soundstage sounding quite natural without aot of coloring. lts very respoonsive as well. Been using the NOCS brand in an android version cable for a while now.Actually now on m third pair. FIRst pair accidentally warped the cable, second pair cleaned with conmpressed air and blew the speaker out and lastly cable wear and tear.The cable starte to fray at the end where the plug is.

The very last thing about NOCS NS500's is that after usage for a while the silicone eartips loosen and actually had to tweezer out of my ear canal once because it loosened and got stuck in my ear canal. So i remedied this by using Sony hybrid silicone earbuds and seems to fit a bit tighter on the nozel.IN fact ive discovered that alot of iem's have this issue with loose fitting ear buds. DIdn't know this until I actually purchased different ones and discovered by experience.
The sony silicone ear buds are bluish in color but also isolate sound great too.Ive not tried the comply isolation tips with the NS 500"s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back