New MP4Nation/Brainwawz IEM
Mar 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

buz

500+ Head-Fier
Mar 23, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 13
Digging the metal look.

Quote:

The M2 is designed to sound good with any genre of music, be it from pop to hip hop to country.

Sounds like they're going for a balanced sound signature to me.

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 13
well according to clieos its the international version of the visang r03. i know joker is doing a review on the visang r03 which should be coming out soon so we shall know just how good it is soon.

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 13
I am sure |Joker| will love it. Here is my previous post on the R03 thread anyway:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Introducing the Brainwavz M2, the international edition of the ViSang R03. I have had this little gem for a few weeks now for beta testing (which prohibits me from speaking about it), but now it has just been announced by Mp4Nation.

BrainwazM2.jpg

I don't want to review it just yet since I only have the sampling package with me at the moment, but here are some early impression: warm and musical, smooth treble, sweet mid which is great for vocal but not overdone. Impactful bass with good body. Decent, airy soundstage. *Great* cable (silver if you want to know). Possibly one of the best sounding of its class. I will give M2 a full review when I have the final packaging.

From what I know, M2 will have more accessories the the original R03 and an one-year one-to-one-replacement warranty. The expected final price should be around $60 but I believe there will be a discounted pre-order for those who want to save a bit.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 13
How's the detail on these or the R03's, assuming they are the same? Do they compare at all to the Re0 in that regard?

I'm just wondering if I should wait for the full review - or make a purchase I've been considering anyway. That little piece of information would do it for me.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 13
There ain't that many IEM in the market that can compare to RE0 in presenting detail - that being said, M2/R03 is not an detail orientated IEM nor does it sounds anywhere like an analytical IEM. Its strength lies in the sweet mid and punchy bottom. Treble and detail though not lacking, are not in the center stage. RE0 is great if you are looking for detail and neutral sound, while M2 is more toward warmth and musicality.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 13
ClieOs, how does this new M2/R03 compare to the MEElec M9, which I consider to be a pretty musical, sort-of warm almost-giant killer (which right now is getting more play than my RE0, due to it's musical low-end umph!).

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 13
M2/R03 is warmer and darker than M9 and doesn't have the little recess on mid. In comparison M9 is more fun while M2/R03 is more sweet/wet. Overall I will say M2/R03 is a step better than M9.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 13
lol..I'm starting to hate how theres something that sparks my interest every other week here. I liked these better when there wasn't a dealer for these in the US
smily_headphones1.gif

They do look promising even if they have a straight plug. I hate that kind of connector really and my last couple purchases have all had that straight plug lol.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
step?

id say somewhat more than that, huge great big leap perhaps

Huge great big leap or a step, I think we can both agree it is better
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do look promising even if they have a straight plug. I hate that kind of connector really and my last couple purchases have all had that straight plug lol.

No worry, the final version will have a 45 degree plug, similar to the one found on Beta Brainwavz.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #13 of 13
Review will be up tonight or tomorrow night. Got caught up with some new gear and ended up putting off the final draft to today. The ViSang version has a nicely molded straight plug and comes with a branded case and shirt clip but no cable guides and only one set of the foamhybrid tips (plus 3 sets of the Hybrid knockoffs) ; the mp4nation version will have a longer 45-degree plug like the VSonic R02ProII and Beta Brainwavz and the three sizes of foamhybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back