New MP3 Players...
Oct 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

actorlife

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a higher capacity MP3 player. A few questions...What is the highest GB player out there right now? 100GB or more? With fantastic sound quality ala iaudio X5/Meizu M6. Not looking for a PMP, just MP3 a player. No Zunes please.
tongue_smile.gif
Links would be great. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a higher capacity MP3 player. A few questions...What is the highest GB player out there right now? 100GB or more? With fantastic sound quality ala iaudio X5/Meizu M6. Not looking for a PMP, just MP3 a player. No Zunes please.
tongue_smile.gif
Links would be great. Thanks!

Microsoft Zune 120GB (third generation, glossy black) MP3 player reviews - CNET Reviews

check the same site for the ipod classic

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 12
^^
LOL, he said: No Zunes!
so, he wants an iPod Classic.

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 12
Were it were my money I'd get a pile of SD cards and a compatible Cowon player. Given your first post, you seem to know what great sound quality they can provide. Their SD compatible players all seem to have video capability but I'd rather have features I don't use than need features I don't have.
[ Welcome to cowonglobal.com ]

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrdin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were it were my money I'd get a pile of SD cards and a compatible Cowon player. Given your first post, you seem to know what great sound quality they can provide. Their SD compatible players all seem to have video capability but I'd rather have features I don't use than need features I don't have.
[ Welcome to cowonglobal.com ]

if its the D2 you're looking at, keep in mind that you will need an amp to bolster the lower end. it makes a heap of difference even with 60ohm phones. once thats sorted, its a sweet sounding indeed.

Oct 15, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamtam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kenwood HD60GD9

AudioCubes.com - -

Now you are talking. I love Kenwood's SQ on my MD's, but the price is too high.
frown.gif
I had and sold the Cowon D2/Zune 80 and disliked the EQ on them, but loved the interface on both. I think I might get an Archos 504 160GB and get the Filo E3 for now till the Filo E5 comes out?! What do you guys think?

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now you are talking. I love Kenwood's SQ on my MD's, but the price is too high.
frown.gif
I had and sold the Cowon D2/Zune 80 and disliked the EQ on them, but loved the interface on both. I think I might get an Archos 504 160GB and get the Filo E3 for now till the Filo E5 comes out?! What do you guys think?

I think your not asking for a reference to a DAP, you wan't a PMP. 2 different types of player. Besides, it you had a idea already of what you want why bother asking? Wasted thread IMO.

Oct 16, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 12
I'm asking for opinions, I have not bought the Archos yet + so far you haven't suggested anything, so why even comment?

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 12
Well I got this:
DSCF2045.jpg

My first Ipod ever. Hooked it up with Floola to drag and drop files. I might rockbox it, but the Rock SQ so far ain't bad. Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back