new mp3 player
Sep 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ziphyx

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

I have been searching for a new mp3 player for quite a while now, but i don't seem to be able to find one that suits my needs. When i stumbled across this site i thought maybe someone here could help me. 

I previously owned a zen x-fi, from which the screen broke after 2 weeks, even though it was in protective casing. I have been using my phone ever since, but its horrible, that's why i need something new. I prefer it to have a lot of memory, possibly expendable with sdxc cards, so i can dump all my flac files on it. I'd also like it to be built like a tank so i won't break it the minute i own it, which is a thing i'm good at. As previously stated, it needs to support flac files. Size-wise it has to fit in a pocket, good looking would be nice, but not a must, the biggest point is that it should have a high sound quality. I know these are many requirements, but that is why i can't find a proper one. My budget is discussable. I'm using v-moda v80 headphones with them if it is of any importance.

I hope someone here can help me out! Thanks in advance.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 16
If you want to go cheap, you could get a $35 4GB Sandisk Clip+. If you want to spend much more, you could get a Samsung Galaxy Player. The Galaxy Player 4.2 has an easily swappable battery.

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 16
Thanks for the quick reply. I heard a lot of good things about the sansa clip+, especially with rockbox. Wonder if it takes formatted sdxc cards well though..
The samsung though, i believe its android device first, mp3 player second. And i want something with very good sound quality, and i'm willing to buy an amp if its needed. Also it has a big screen that i will break :p

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 16
The thing I don't like about the Clip+ is that battery life is only around 12 hours. It will play while being charged by a usb battery pack, so I often use one with my Clip+ players.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 16
12 hours is not much.. but could be enough if i recharged it every day
another brand i hear many positive things about is cowon, i wanted to buy the j3 32gb, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere in europe anymore..

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 16
Have a look at the Cowon C2, it's build pretty sturdy, pocket size.

55 hours battery life for music, supports FLAC, SD card expandable. Cowon Jet Effect's 3.0

Find 4GB models for around $110 US new on ebay.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 16
you may want to look at the studio-v. its pocket size,play flac,good battery life,very sturdy and very good audio quality also it has very good amp inside so i believe no external amp is needed.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 16
you may want to look at the studio-v. its pocket size,play flac,good battery life,very sturdy and very good audio quality also it has very good amp inside so i believe no external amp is needed.

This player looks very promising indeed! But is it worth the price or am i better of buying one of the cheaper models like the rocoo p, considering my requirements?
Also is this player expendable with sdxc cards?

Have a look at the Cowon C2, it's build pretty sturdy, pocket size.
55 hours battery life for music, supports FLAC, SD card expandable. Cowon Jet Effect's 3.0
Find 4GB models for around $110 US new on ebay.

For this player the same question: am i able to expand the memory with sdxc cards? Because i kinda need a big memory..

Lastly i wonder if these players are available for purchase in the netherlands (where i live) or even europe? Thanks for replies and sorry for possible typing errors, i'm using a small phone:p

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 16
C2 is expandable using Micro SD cards up to 32GB and will support a 64GB card if first formatted to FAT32.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
This player looks very promising indeed! But is it worth the price or am i better of buying one of the cheaper models like the rocoo p, considering my requirements?
Also is this player expendable with sdxc cards?
For this player the same question: am i able to expand the memory with sdxc cards? Because i kinda need a big memory..
Lastly i wonder if these players are available for purchase in the netherlands (where i live) or even europe? Thanks for replies and sorry for possible typing errors, i'm using a small phone:p

yes its expandable with micro sd card. i never tried the rocoo p but many people seems to like the rocoo p and rocoo ba too. for me it definitely worth the price

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #12 of 16
You can also consider the Colorfly C3
As per the reviews, it should better RoCoo P, HiFiMan 602 and the Cowon players.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #13 of 16
the colorfly c3 is also an option i really like, i looked into the c4, but it is a bit pricey and i can't afford it at the moment :p 
the c3 looks awesome for as far as i can see! i don't have a lot of time to look in it very good but i certainly will later today. I hope these are sold in the netherlands, many 'good' players don't seem to be available here..

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #14 of 16
I think i want the colorfly c3 i just read a whole lot about, problem i can't find a place to buy it, only place i can find where they can be bought is ebay.. I might sound like a total idiot right now, but i don't know if i can trust that, i never bought something from it before, and where i live, nobody does. Are chances for scam not bigger? Waiting time will be longer for sure.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
I think i want the colorfly c3 i just read a whole lot about, problem i can't find a place to buy it, only place i can find where they can be bought is ebay.. I might sound like a total idiot right now, but i don't know if i can trust that, i never bought something from it before, and where i live, nobody does. Are chances for scam not bigger? Waiting time will be longer for sure.

I did the review you probably read, ebay seller bigbargainsonline is excellent a couple already received theirs from them.  Shipped in a 5 days from china to UK, may vary up to 2 weeks depending on your customs department.  Pay with paypal and you're covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back