New mp3 player or PDAA called Amp3 - AMAZING!!!
Jun 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #18 of 111
I do have one new that I brought to CanJam. The box is scratched, so I can sell it for $100. I will be fully stocked by the first week of July. If you are interested in pre ordering, please either post your interest or send me a PM.

All pre orders are guaranteed to receive product or your FULL money back. Right now about 80% of the next shipment is sold. I'm in the process of ordering more!!

I guess thats a good problem.
Thanks!
Craig

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #21 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any coupon??
a little scared to try

I accept coupons.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #24 of 111
Craig-
Can you post any impressions you have of a direct comparison to the Sony X1060? It was mentioned in the other amp3 thread that you have it, and think the amp3 sounds better. I'd appreciate hearing it directly from you, and not having the comparison be conveyed by someone else second hand... you know, to avoid that 'he said/she said' scenario. But I'll probably wait before trying to form any solid conclusions of my own until actual customers can make that same comparison too.

Thanks in advance.

Here's the comment:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, Craig at Whiplash has a Sony X1060, and he says the Amp3, which in no way can compete feature-wise, kicks the Sony's butt SQ-wise. This is from a guy who owns a high-end audio store and is burning in his Senn HD800s right now. Of course, he sells the Amp3 too. But why bother making that claim if it's not true? I am very excited to get this machine, even with it's ugly jagged edges. This is also what I was looking for in a DAP. And with the SDHC option, sky is the limit. I only wish the 32GB SDHC cards were out.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #26 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig-
Can you post any impressions you have of a direct comparison to the Sony X1060? It was mentioned in the other amp3 thread that you have it, and think the amp3 sounds better. I'd appreciate hearing it directly from you, and not having the comparison be conveyed by someone else second hand... you know, to avoid that 'he said/she said' scenario. But I'll probably wait before trying to form any solid conclusions of my own until actual customers can make that same comparison too.

Yes, I'd be interested in the direct comparison too. Not because I have any intention of buying it with a 1-inch screen lol!! (although it would do as a present for a friend if they didn't care about the tiny screen) - but because I'm curious to hear something more comprehensive than... 'It kicks Sony's butt'. Blanket statements like that don't really say much
ksc75smile.gif

So Craig, how long did you have the Sony X for? Did you get much time to compare it with the amp3 side by side? And what did you feel it did better than the X? I think there are around 40 X owners in the X thread now, of which around 99% of them all think it's the best dap they ever heard. Then there are a few excellent editorial reviews too, which balances out any 'hype' that people mentioned...

So to hear the amp3 'kicks Sony's butt' is quite a bold statement, and one which I'm sure has piqued a lot of curiosity. Hopefully, there will be plenty more positive user reviews and editorial reviews coming out in due course, but in the meantime... if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the differences in sq between the amp3 and the X, that would be very cool. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I just read in the main AMP3 thread that a 100 hours of play was recommended before making a decision, burn in? The Sony X also improved with burn in, so did you get a chance to burn it in at all, or were your thoughts based on straight out-of-the-box impressions? Thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #27 of 111
I respect other manufactures. My comments were made privately. However I will gladly share my opinion individually. The Sony player is amazing. The amp3 SQ presents itself with competition that is alarming when compared.

I will certainly contact those who have interests.

I hope you understand my position!!

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #28 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FLAC support would have been nice. Without that it is of no use to me.
Great to see DAPs being developed with SQ as first priority though.

BTW, it does play FLAC, however it's not "supported".

Craig

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #29 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I respect other manufactures. My comments were made privately. However I will gladly share my opinion individually. The Sony player is amazing. The amp3 SQ presents itself with competition that is alarming when compared.

I will certainly contact those who have interests.

I hope you understand my position!!

I don't think Sony would care if you wrote an honest comparison
atsmile.gif

They are way too busy inputting text into the Netfront browser and working out what feature to take away next to be able to hang around here
happy_face1.gif

But since you didn't expect your private comments to be made public, I respect your decision and will PM you for more details. I do have a friend's birthday coming up soon, and it might be suitable for her, especially as she doesn't care about looks in the slightest. Thank you.

EDIT: And thanks for clarifying. "Presenting itself with competition" is a long way off 'kicking Sony's butt'... just as I thought. Thanks again!

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #30 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, it does play FLAC, however it's not "supported".

Craig

What do you mean? I does play FLAC???!!! (but not supported, I can see why lolz...)

Woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back