New movies coming out look promising!!
Mar 7, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New movies coming out look promising!!

This thread may win more internet points if there wasn't any subject.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #17 of 37
Keep in mind those earlier films, especially The Thing bombed when they came out. Just as a lot of his later films did. Heck I think Ghosts of Mars is one of Jason Statham's best action movies.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiRE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is GONK a negative response?

No it's like you hit your forehead *GONK*

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #20 of 37
Hollywood wonders why their box office sales are not as strong, then they blame it on piracy.

A few Years ago it was:

Bewitched
Dukes of Hazzard
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Herbie: Fully Loaded
The Longest Yard
Batman Begins
The Honeymooners
War of the Worlds

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair, Batman is technically a serial. And "Begins" was an excellent redemption, at least to this fanboy.

Begins was marvelous. And I expect that Dark Knight will be amazing as well.

Mar 7, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Also who can tell me who this black actor is?
mysteryblackqp7.jpg

This must be some kind of web hoax. I'm pretty sure that's not Robert Downey Jr. Unless that's a cheek prosthesis to flatten his nose.

God, what a line up of crap. Thanks for the optimistic look at what lies ahead, reshifter.

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Carpenter's career can be divided into early and late. Escape from L.A. is one of his later masterpieces, along with In the Mouth of Madness and Vampires.

Escape From LA is no masterpiece. What a pile of garbage.
frown.gif
The tsunami in the movie should have engulfed the movie production...

Vampires is easily one of my favorites, and the head vampires was one of the most imposing vampires from any film. Plus, it featured the immortal question, "Did it give you wood, padre"?
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Yikes. If ye needed further proof that Hollywood is completely out of ideas (and has been for a loooooooong time), look no further than that list.

It could get worse.
wink.gif

I agree why reharsh the same titles? Why do we need to relive our childhood? Is this the result of watching Star Wars too many times? I say move on. No reason to remake Logan's Run. Maybe Dune, because it's never been done close to satisfactorily (obviously to the Lynch credit removal).

FoodStampDavis1.jpg

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

-Raging Bull II (2009)

Wow, can't say I saw that one coming. Iit appears to be a prequel.

I don't know if we need a Logan's Run remake when one considers the somewhat similar themed The Island from a couple of years ago, but I would be interested depending on who's attached. IMDB lists uncredited Joseph Kosindki as the director. Is that a bad sign?

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #28 of 37
The only things that look interesting to me there are Logan's Run and Dune. The problem is, Logan's Run will probably be churned into a derivative action flick, and a proper adaptation of Dune would need to be 8 hours+. It's not possible to squeeze it into a feature length film without butchering it. I enjoyed the Sci-Fi channel rendition but it was still a very superficial treatment.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Here's some fun:

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: 'Have ya paid your dues, Jack?' 'Yessir, the check is in the mail.'" - Jack Burton

Black blood of the earth - Egg Chen

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This must be some kind of web hoax. I'm pretty sure that's not Robert Downey Jr. Unless that's a cheek prosthesis to flatten his nose.

God, what a line up of crap. Thanks for the optimistic look at what lies ahead, reshifter.

No it's 100% true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back