NEW! Monster Diamond Tears in Black or Silver - Updated with unboxing video
Sep 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
I should get mine in Black late next week so I am very excited.  It looks GREAT in Black.  Anyone here has the DT headphones?  

http://www.monstercable.com/headphones/diamondtears/

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 15
I have the white version for around a month...............This is easily the most balanced, most revealing Monster headphones by a very long shot, with the least wobbly bass among its Monster siblings. A solid mid-fi product (never dreamt of it being an audiophile product), with the highs leaving a bit to be desired - the extension is fine actually, but when it does roll of it rolls off rather steeply instead of gradually. Mids are rather airy and detaled. Bass is balanced and nicely extended, with way less mid-bass hump than other Monster offerings, and the bass impact is great. Soundstage is so-so, nothing spectacular, but layering and placement is clearly defined.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #5 of 15
Watching KPop Star, couldn't help but be concerned at how tightly they seemed to fit JYP's head. Do give a review + take pictures when you get yours!

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 15
u can certainly bring this to the next gala dinner...in yur tux :p

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #10 of 15
Diamond tears? hmmm
What's next? 
triportsad.gif

I hope they sound decent at least. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #11 of 15
Anyone who buys this is guaranteed some tears, all right.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #13 of 15
Cool video!

Question:

What's "Edge" and what's "JYP"?

Also, hope you don't find that blade with your bare feet in the middle of the night. :xf_eek:

Finally, I think I know the perfect amp for these:
http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-uDAC-2-Violet-Headphone-24bit/dp/B004XZ40A4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349370918&sr=8-4&keywords=nuforce+icon+udac2 :cool:

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
Cool video!

What's "Edge" and what's "JYP"?

No idea what EDGE is, but I think JYP are the initials of some K-Pop producer somewhere (probably in Korea).

LOL, he actually sounded all giddy when he talks about the bling factor - thought that was pretty funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back