New models?
Jan 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #16 of 22
From a design point of view, increasing the diameter of the sound tube influence the audio signature of the freq above 3Khz or so.
it shift the natural resonant frequency of the earphone, it slightly boost the high resonant output while acting as a contraction of the dynamic and a contraction a the resonant peaks.

More over (and this is pure speculation from my part) it would seems logical that they keep using the same diameter as they use now for the sake of compatibility with the existing sleeve.

As far as sound stage is concerned, I'm incline to think that it's really is more of a personal perception decoding than anything else.. Headphone cant simulate on there own head related transfer functions.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

One thing I hope they know about and change is the diameter of the sound tube. Sennheiser, UE, and others have it right.

Oh no! UE and Senn has a worse diameter in the world. It's impossible to plug in ear UE or Senn. Especially with such bad design of body as has 5pro or 10Triple or Ie7-8. Better way - use same 3,5mm tube. It's make possible to connect with all ears in the world
smily_headphones1.gif
And for such diameter in the wold we have a lot different tips (don't know another word - sorry for my bad english
smily_headphones1.gif
) If you not like Sleek tips you can use Ety, Wesone, Klipsch, FS, Shure ... many another tips. But if you have UE or Senn - you have not choice...

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #18 of 22
Any latest news ?

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #20 of 22
Wonder if there will be ct1, sa3, ct3, sa9, ct9 or not..

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder if there will be ct1, sa3, ct3, sa9, ct9 or not..

The SA1 costs $80, so most of the cost of the CT1 would be the custom mold. Moreover, dynamic drivers aren't very custom-friendly. And finally, you lose the wood body that is supposed to help make the sound of the SA1.

So, no CT1 is my bet.

As for th SA9, it was supposed to come up "in 6-8 months" last January, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Too bad. I really like the CT6 cable solution. By far the most elegant on the market. I was looking forward to an eventual CT9, but... I'll certainly have bought something else long before it comes out. Probably as early as Black Friday.

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #22 of 22
Yep..
SA1 are supposedly marketed for the general consumer level, and low end level at that price range, so its not quite feasible to have customs at that price range..
Saw a dynamic driver in a custom mould in the past.. think it was the remould version of the sf5eb.

Yeap.. was planning to have my ct9 made before the end of the year.. but oh well.. going to have to enlist into national service soon, so I might spend lesser time on customs even.. I hope 2 years is sufficient for sleek audio to release their ct9.. haha..

I second your opinions about ct6's cable solution
smily_headphones1.gif

But these few days, my sa6's cables are having memory effect.. guess I would need to order for myself a replacement 2009 cable soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back