New models?
Jan 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
According to a French website (CES : Nouveaux intras chez Sleek Audio - Les Numériques), Sleek will announce 3 new earphones at the CES:

- SA1 ($50-$75)

- SA3 ($125-$150)

- SA9 (no pricing announced)

They would all be compatible with the W1 wireless kit.

Has anyone additional information on this?

EDIT: Just changed the thread's title as it was a bit too sensationalist for my taste.

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 22
I want to see how well the SA9 perform over the SA6, and it's price.

Hopefully they'll release the info soon.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 22
im very interested in how the SA9 does. the SA6 are great, it just needs a lil more body in its bass. with the new bass + port, the bass is deep enough but body is still a lil lacking. if the SA9 is better than the SA6, sigh time to sell
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #10 of 22
Since the info came from me let me clarify:

In an interview Given on slash gear : "Mark and Jason confirmed that they are working on a new, less expensive version of the SA6 for the end of 2008, and that it would be followed 6-8 months later by a new set of higher-end earphone, slotting above the SA6. each earphone will use the same connector so custommer will be able to take advantage of the SA's Accessories wireless etc..)"

As the SA6 is now hiting the french press for review I was asked about it, I therefore call Jason on that matter, It was my understanding that Sleek intended to talk about up-coming products during the CES, and that I could therefore, hint name and estimated prices to the press..

I might have hinted too much (I'll know for sure ,if Jason get back from Vegas with a boomstick).

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #11 of 22
Aah that's not so bad then i may as well carry on with the customs, good job i didn't send bill that email last nite.
biggrin.gif

I wonder if the sa9 will be a dual driver, that could be very interesting seeing the did such a good job using one driver.

I hope to god they sort out this cable issue or some third party releases one, im twitchy about it to the point i may glue the y splitter and connectors when i receive it.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In an interview Given on slash gear : "Mark and Jason confirmed that they are working on a new, less expensive version of the SA6 for the end of 2008, and that it would be followed 6-8 months later by a new set of higher-end earphone, slotting above the SA6..."

Interesting. I'll definitely be keeping my ears perked for SA9 news, then. Thanks for the post, |Fred!

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #13 of 22
The SA9 is definitely on my radar! I'm sure they will have all the cable problems sorted out by then. The graphite color SA6 looks great and I hope there will be that color for the SA9.

One thing I hope they know about and change is the diameter of the sound tube. Westone didn't learn and too many phones out now have a larger sound stage image. Sennheiser, UE, and others have it right. Shame to put out a $399 headphone and have a $150 phone like the new SF 5 still have a larger more headphone-like presentation.

Speaking of price, I hope the SA9 won't be a $399 price. With a potential fall release(6-8 months into 2009?) hopefully they will be $299. Assuming they won't be much more since much R&D/design was done with the SA6 and can keep the cost down and be only $100 more than the current SA6 price. Maybe with coupon codes at SoundEarphones we could get a bundle with the wireless system for like $350. That would rock. All the on-the-fencers would buy it at that price even if they bought a competitors product released earlier in the year.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #14 of 22
The built quality certainly has to improve, an IEM with such an awesome sound deserves a far better built quality. I especially hope that Sleek doesn't add in any cheapskate plastic chrome that does nothing but decrease the resell value of the SA9.

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The built quality certainly has to improve, an IEM with such an awesome sound deserves a far better built quality.

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back