Oct 31, 2017 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

tiddlywinks

Headphoneus Supremus
Translated with Microsoft Translator

Slim high definition players ' PLENUE J '

2017-10-31 10:38:37

, Hello?
Digital is

the pride won the nose nose won the most slim and light series ' PLENUE PLENUE J (J-new) ' will be released this October 31st.

' J ' as an existing product PLENUE perfect features high resolution master recordings to play yet more thin and lightweight, crisp color based on the product image for a more upbeat. The sound quality of a unique value of the ultimate
PLENUE to implement high-quality 24bit/192kHz Stereo DAC based on stable product driven environment, global Ko from mounting the Chapter House well technology can BBE + 5 JetEffect and 48 in any receiver through a variety of presets to fit the sign of satisfying the customer well, you can enjoy a sense.

High-strength metal precise machining of the coordinating section 3.5 m m was combined with the surface of the cylinder wrapping this jacks to fulfil crafted an exquisite ' PLENUE J ' logo on the back of the mysterious riddles of the feel of a soft black cover Jupiter with the color Gold, Misty Ocean's case, more sophisticated and lyrical feeling. 2.8-inch LCD
are equipped with a wide viewing angle, high resolution album art and a touch of matrix-browser, you can make use of two species of Player skins users can tune themselves to interface directly to the UCI to various product screen.
Intuitive GUI-based Touch & Drag navigation features and a variety of features, such as the equalizer settings screen, touch your own play list creation, smart search features and convenient music song and enjoy the environment.
In addition, power, volume, play, play music, such as the ability to search all products posted on the side you're able to manipulate the physical button to put it in your pocket and can be easily manipulated.

' J ' is small and slim PLENUE, size is also based on 53 times, 24bit MP3 FLAC can be played in a row until 27 hours based on high-efficiency power-saving design, micro-SD card slot provides easy capacity expansion.
24bit/192kHz of the lossless FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE the cause sound, WAV MP3, WMA, OGG, as well as a wide variety of formats and supports playback of tracks and track flawlessly and seamlessly between the gently play Gapless capabilities, be still.

While maintaining the unique sound quality, value and outstanding PLENUE caustic and sensational design, implementation of the ' J ' in the interest of their own PLENUE encouragement.

[PS]
1) ' J ' Jupiter Gold, Misty PLENUE Ocean will be released in two colors.
2) visited Koh won shop (shop.cowon.com), a recently launched luxury handmade Koh circle IEM earphones ' X 40 ' and also the incorporation of PLENUE, best-selling receivers such as Sennheiser in-ear IE800, momentum is a combination of merchandise can be purchased at the bargains. Leather case also you can purchase with your console, you can get a discount.

■ Product introduction
¢ ñ product introduction page shortcut

■ product prices (VAT included)

* J ' 64G ' PLENUE: 299,000 won

plenue_j1.jpg

plenue_j2.jpg

plenue_j3.jpg

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 81
Interesting, I thought that the Plenue D was long overdue for an update, but I wouldn't have predicted this. The price is the same as D, and EDIT: Plenue J specs vs Plenue D specs.

So, the question for me is: will the UI still be a bit sluggish as that seems to be a complaint with Plenue D?

If Plenue J is just a Plenue D in a different, slimmer form and smaller battery, I can see the Plenue D still being the preferred option for some people.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 81
If Plenue J is just a Plenue D in a different, slimmer form and smaller battery, I can see the Plenue D still being the preferred option for some people.

Quite! With inferior battery life and still only one micro SD slot, I really don't see the point of this.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 81
Quite! With inferior battery life and still only one micro SD slot, I really don't see the point of this.

I'm quite frustrated and will be very disappointed if this is all it is. I've waited for months and not bought anything because I thought a PD2 with faster UI and better screen would be the new version. I might get the J if the UI actually is faster and without the sluggish behavior of the D. If not I would want a significant price reduction on the D instead.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 81
I wonder if this new model can read 256GB and 400GB micro SD cards?

If the player is affordable enough then a 256GB card might become an option.

I guess 27 hours is still better than most of the competition. I liked the look of the new Cayin N5ii until I saw only 12 hour battery life. I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for a device that is going to be made prematurely obsolete by a dying battery.

EDIT: OK so I've looked through the product page in Korean and the micro SD slot is still limited to 128 GB so I guess I can unsubscribe from this. Poor effort Cowon.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 81
Ah, well that's something at least. I should've realized the CPU meant the PC and not the player....

I don't speak Korean either so I thought so too at first, but then I saw "Pentium III" and having that CPU for the device would be disconcerting to say the least, haha.

The device looks great IMO, kinda evokes of a cigarette case. But since it's significantly cheaper than the rest of the Plenue range, I just hope they don't skimp on too many things.
We'll see how it compares to the Sony A45, since they'll be the only two DAPs this price range with a decent UI and battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back