NEW MOBILE SITE. Bugs and Suggestions please post here
Dec 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:
BUGS:
1. (using ipad3)Problem with "quote and reply" button not updating page for user resulting in multiple posts. [Forwarded by admin -joe]

The tech team needs need exact steps to recreate this. 

BUGS:
2. (using PC) TwinQY reports similar issues with quotes. Quotes being deleted or invisible on multi quote.

The team needs exact steps on how this occurred to re-create this.

BUGS:
3. (using phone?) rawster reports trouble logging on in mobile version, had to log in on desktop version. Tried multiple browsers.

Rawrster -- what phone and OS (and version) are you using?

BUGS:
4. (using ipad) Problem with a thread with lots of embeded videos crashing browser DETAILS HERE

Can you try using a different browser on that thread, and tell me if the browser also crashes, or if it's just in Safari?

BUGS:
5. IpodPJ also has mobile site related triple post here.

iPodPJ - Have you seen this happen since this incident?  If so, can you link me to the other threads where it occurred?  Also, what device and browser were you using when this occurred?

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #17 of 38
The password seemed to have been that day only. It seems to be working when I tested it out just now. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #18 of 38

I have like hell to recreate the "perfect storm" of conditions to re-create the multiple posting. It happened again to me again HERE. I will continue to experiment with my posts to find the exact sequence of steps that seem to cause this and let you know. It definitely has involved using the quote and reply button each time. Again it sends and posts the information but does not update the user's screen, prompting you to feel like clicking on "reply" again. Each time you hit reply it resends post but does not indicate to the user the thread has been updated.

Bug#4 -- embedded videos crashing browser on ipad3

Again it is only threads with many embeded videos. I tried the same page of the same thread where I first encountered the bug on the "Rap Sucks" thread. It still crashed safari on my ipad3. You asked about other browsers besides Safari. I loaded "Mercury" browser and it crashed that browser too. I then tried a DIFFERENT THREAD with lots of embedded videos in it and again crashed.

I will continue to try to recreate that multi posting thing. Unfortunately today was by total accident and I didn't pay attention if I did anything particularly different other than I know I pressed "quote and reply" while I was near the top of the thread before I typed my reply.

Thanks Joe for addressing all of the comments and issues above. Trying my best to provide some helpful info for your team.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #19 of 38

I'm attempting to reproduce it as we speak, but it kind of comes and goes. For example, on this quote, nothing seems to be happening at the moment, but as soon as I quote/multi-quote something, on say, the portable recommendations thread, some of the quotes are left out even as I type, and I have no way to add them, or any text back in. Have to refresh the whole thing and start again. Not user error, for sure. And it really only seems to happen for some threads.

Strangely it does not happen on my iPod Touch. Perhaps it's something with my browser? I'm using Chromium 23.0.1271.95, the Arch binary (so default compile options), the user agent is set for Chrome instead. No extensions are on at the moment, as I thought it was previously because of Notscript and Adblock. I thought it was a problem on my end, but apparently from the looks of Bug #1, that's not the case.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #20 of 38
^ joe the funny thing is that I tried to quote your comments where you inserted many quotes and it cut your quote off after the first line..... so +1 on quote cut-off bug :)

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:
^ joe the funny thing is that I tried to quote your comments where you inserted many quotes and it cut your quote off after the first line..... so +1 on quote cut-off bug
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, that's probably it. For the 1-2 quotes, it won't happen, but I just realized that I quoted his quote with most of the stuff at the bottom being cut off 
tongue.gif
. Seems like most of the quotes on the portable thread seems to be large strings of multi-quotes as well.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #22 of 38
Joe,
I was on my iPhone 5 in Safari with 6.0.1.
After I finished typing my reply I hit the Reply button but nothing advanced like it usually did. After finally trying pressing the button 3 times I gave up and refreshed the page. That's when I saw it had posted my reply three times but never refreshed automatically as it usually does when you hit the Reply button.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #25 of 38
Bug: links from subscription page doesn't always jump to first unread for subscribed threads. Nexus 7 using chrome for android.

Suggestion: show custom title under profile name and signature as it were in desktop mode. Alternatively make it an option in the mobile view settings.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #26 of 38
Bug: links from subscription page doesn't always jump to first unread for subscribed threads. Nexus 7 using chrome for android.
Suggestion: show custom title under profile name and signature as it were in desktop mode. Alternatively make it an option in the mobile view settings.

Added to OP. Thanks.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #27 of 38
Joe so I just created another double post on purpose HERE.

This time quote and reply was not involved. The only thing that I could gather on the page that was preventing me from updating was that there were 2 adds running between the last post and the post I was typing. If I would have kept hitting the reply button it seems that it would have multiposted indefinitely. Even after adding the extra text of "sorry in advance for the double post..." it still did not update my user screen with the post.

This glitch may not be related to the quote and reply button although it is the first time it has happened to me not using a quote. (ipad3, safari)

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #29 of 38
@Joe I was using AT&T cellular. I have full reception and never had this infamous double post problem with the main site. I have seen people double post or triple even on the main site many timed due to connection issues.

I believe this issue is worth looking into and is mobile site related. The reason is I never lost connection because I could keep pressing reply 100 times and still never get an updated screen on my end showing the post has been submitted. But on your end you will have a thread with 100 identical posts in it.

Thanks for looking into this.

(BTW I am making a list of suggestions since I am using the mobile site almost exclusively, but I will post them as one complete list instead of a bunch of random comments. Thought that would be easier to digest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back