New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp
Aug 30, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #1,292 of 6,727
God im jealous..... Mine isn't coming along soo well, still can't figure out why there is no sound coming from it
confused.gif
confused.gif

Pic to see if you can see the problem

imgp0042so5.jpg

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #1,297 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Adfinni, it may be that you've got the wrong caps. I think the real ones need to be black-colored. Or maybe red.
580smile.gif

O i like yellow, the yellowness apparently gives a great sound making the best mundorffs sound like swiss cheese
blink.gif
280smile.gif

Il be ordering everything this weekend so soon you will have another MAX to help bring to life
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #1,298 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but it would be a great resource for the beginner DIYer working on the MAX. I kinda just stumbled on it through Google. *shrug*

http://nuxx.net/wiki/Millett_Hybrid_Maxed

Yep - that's c0nsumer's site! He did an oustanding job. Considering he came into this new, it's downright amazing. Sorry I haven't gotten around to telling you guys, but I did load all his pics on the MAX website gallery last night (that was a job - he had a bunch!).

There are a few things he did non-standard, so if in doubt, ask or refer to the MAX website for a different take. We all do things a little differently, though - as evidenced by the wide variances you guys have been doing on casework. It's all great!
cool.gif
cool.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #1,299 of 6,727
I also got a very nice note from Phil Hazen at Radio Daze today. He's a good businessman that's trying to say as nicely as he can that he can't offer specific brands anymore for the Millett tubes. We have bought so much of his stock that it takes his guys half a day to hunt up these tubes in specific brands, so please keep that in consideration - or else he will be raising his price, most likely (he didn't say that, though).

Those of you who've bought a passel of these tubes have probably come to the same conclusion as me: pursuing certain brands with Millett tubes is almost self-defeating. There are only 3 mfrs who made the tubes as far as anyone knows - GE, RCA, and Sylvania. They also sold these to resellers and amongst themselves. I have Sylvania GE's, RCA GE's, GE RCA's, Sylvania RCA's etc., etc. You may in fact discover that you are just as likely to get the same mfr in a pair of tube types by not specifying as you are when specifying brand.

So, by all means, order from Radio Daze, but not by brand for Millett tubes.

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #1,304 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by babbkutz@comcast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the MAX is too good for that....and this fuse dispute has to be put to bed.

Right. The hole would not be drilled wrong. It's the fuse that's wrong.
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #1,305 of 6,727
Seriously, it's not a trivial issue, and I'm not in a position right now to check it. I haven't even populated a production board, neither do I have the fuse clips. So, changing those templates are not going to happen overnight - even if I wasn't a slacker.
wink.gif

An interim solution may be to use an "outtie" instead of an "innie":
151590.jpg

Jameco part #151590

EDIT: The note has been added to the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back