New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp
Jan 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #5,911 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I connect that to a 220v corrent it can deal with it ?

Ah crap, no, I forgot the whole point of this was to find something for 230V input.

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #5,912 of 6,727
I can't find anything on eBay. Your best bet is to look at local electronic stores that sell security equipment. 24VAC output at 1 amp is a VERY common option for powering security cameras and controllers.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #5,915 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trust me, just find something locally. It will be easier, cheaper, and much more likely to get you exactly what you need.

Yes I pretend to do that but I need to know what I'm looking for, so the step down 220v to 120v like that in my link is the only thing I need ?

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #5,916 of 6,727
If you buy something locally, you won't need the step down transformer.

Just look around at your local electronics shops for a 220V input, 24VAC at 1 amp output wallwart. You *will* be able to find something, because they are a very common item for security systems.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #5,918 of 6,727
Quote:

Actually its 220v but as the seller states it comes with Triad wallcharger so I think I will only need this converter or am I wrong ?

Skip the converter. They just add noise and as Beefy stated, you only need a 230Vac local wall wart that puts out 24Vac @ 1A.

Locally, all you have to ask for is a 24Vac, 1amp wall wart power supply or power transformer. Since you're calling locally, the shop will sell you the correctly plugged 230Vac unit. Then you will only need the loose cable than goes from the wall wart to the amp. If the amp you buy comes with the US wall wart, you can reuse the cord from that wall wart on your locally sourced one. Worst case, you have to buy a new cord from Tom's Beezar.com web shop for a Mini-MAX, Millett Hybrid MAX, or the new V1.2 MOSFET-MAX.

Note: This all assuming you are looking to power a MAX amp.

Jan 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #5,919 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skip the converter. They just add noise and as Beefy stated, you only need a 230Vac local wall wart that puts out 24Vac @ 1A.

Locally, all you have to ask for is a 24Vac, 1amp wall wart power supply or power transformer. Since you're calling locally, the shop will sell you the correctly plugged 230Vac unit. Then you will only need the loose cable than goes from the wall wart to the amp. If the amp you buy comes with the US wall wart, you can reuse the cord from that wall wart on your locally sourced one. Worst case, you have to buy a new cord from Tom's Beezar.com web shop for a Mini-MAX, Millett Hybrid MAX, or the new V1.2 MOSFET-MAX.

Note: This all assuming you are looking to power a MAX amp.

Its the Minimax , by reusing you mean cut ? The wall wart in europe doesn't come with the same cord ?

Bleh so much trouble.. Maybe would be better buy a european version amp
frown.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #5,920 of 6,727
Quote:

Its the Minimax , by reusing you mean cut ? The wall wart in europe doesn't come with the same cord ?

Bleh so much trouble.. Maybe would be better buy a european version amp
frown.gif

There are numerous MiniMAX owners and builders in Europe. None of them have had any trouble finding a walwart with the correct rating and connector.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: This one at Farnell should work perfectly:
http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/t240...Ntt=24VAC750ma

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #5,921 of 6,727
I found that at Farnell as well, and it is great as the connector is the correct size. But I still reckon something could be had cheaper - IF the effort was made to look at a local store......
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #5,922 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are numerous MiniMAX owners and builders in Europe. None of them have had any trouble finding a walwart with the correct rating and connector.
smily_headphones1.gif

Does it need to be exactly 24v 1000ma ?

found this one I think its this , for50$ ...

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #5,923 of 6,727
Quote:

Does it need to be exactly 24v 1000ma?

No, 750mA minimum, as high as 2A and you should be OK.

But it HAS to be AC, and I can't tell from that page whether that adapter is AC or DC.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #5,924 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, 750mA minimum, as high as 2A and you should be OK.

But it HAS to be AC, and I can't tell from that page whether that adapter is AC or DC.

But the voltage has to be exactly 24v ?
The most common are the 12v ones .. Dont seems to find 24 besides that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back