new microshar amp 109G2+
Sep 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
http://microshar.org/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=117&osCsid=2

This amp much like its previouse version the 109+ it carries a lot of the same specs but it seems with a few tweeks. Now the 109+ drew breif attension with a headfier actually trying it out but has yet to be heard from since leaving even that modle still unknown in its SQ to the rest of us. So I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on this odd little amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 2
I listened to one today.  I was disappointed.  The sound was thin and uninspiring.  Treble was very lacking.  I listened to Blue Nile, Walk across the roof tops and the snare which is normally crisp was very blurred.  Detail was lacking in the soundstage and it felt cramped.  Florence and the Machine, Lungs which is a very well produced album sounded shallow and muted.

I needed to buy an amp as I had left mine at home on a two week trip and was looking at the 109G2+ as a significant upgrade.  Unfortunately it wasn't.  I did a back to back comparison with a Fiio E7 and bought the E7 as the much better sounding amp, saving myself quite a bit of money.

Maybe it needs a lot of burn in but it was very much a disappointment and I wasn't prepared to spend that amount of money on the off chance it would get better with time.  The E7 will do until I get a chance to try the SR71-B
smile_phones.gif

Source was an iPhone4 line out and the phones were Shure SE535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back