Meze EMPYREAN II
Feb 1, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #421 of 563
I've noticed that the headband makes my scalp itch something fierce. I've never had that with my HFM phones. The band on the Empy 2 is solid whereas the HFM have a bunch of holes in it. Anyone else notice this? Is it my hair just being weird???

Fit/comfort is a very personal/individual thing, for sure. It could very well be due to the breathability of the perforated headband on the Hifiman headphones versus a solid material on your head.

Feb 2, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #423 of 563
Impossible to get one to even try it.
and if you can get one the next great hurdle is driving it properly :sweat_smile:

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #424 of 563
Just makes me want it more. I think I'll just ride the HE1000 for the year and try for a Modhouse DS in 2025.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #425 of 563
Any comparison of Empy2 with HE1KSE? I hear both sound almost similar in a lot of aspects.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #426 of 563
Any comparison of Empy2 with HE1KSE? I hear both sound almost similar in a lot of aspects.
I wish I still had the HE1KSE in house because I believe you to be right on that. From my audio memory (which is not a useful source) I feel as though they are similar. I still feel the Hifiman is brighter, however if it is, I don't think it is much. I also believe the HE1KSE was a bigger stage than the Empy2. Stage is not always a big factor to everyone, I get that. I'd be most curious to compare the low end and dynamics of the two. The Empy2 is definitely amp picky when it comes to that part of it.

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #427 of 563
I wish I still had the HE1KSE in house because I believe you to be right on that. From my audio memory (which is not a useful source) I feel as though they are similar. I still feel the Hifiman is brighter, however if it is, I don't think it is much. I also believe the HE1KSE was a bigger stage than the Empy2. Stage is not always a big factor to everyone, I get that. I'd be most curious to compare the low end and dynamics of the two. The Empy2 is definitely amp picky when it comes to that part of it.
Yes. Someone said to me that both are similar in a lot of aspects and empy2 isnt better it is just preference in the less treble, less airiness, and bit of rounded notes on the empy2, with less height or smaller stage of empy2, slight warmer in the mids. A matter of preference. Well need someone who own both to confirm.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #429 of 563
Arrived a few days ago, after a long time for delivery:

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #431 of 563
Just ordered a set of Empyrean I leather, and Elite Hybrid (leather + alcantara) pads. Once those arrive I'll compare every pad I have on both Elite and Empyrean II. I've been bouncing around between Empy II, Susvara, and Atrium this past week, and every time I come back to Empyrean II I can't help but notice what a quantum leap (to me) this is for Meze. It's a headphone I can truly see myself reaching for (and do) over Susvara.
How do the Empyrean II sound with the Empyrean I leather pads?

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #433 of 563
i heard these at CanJam Dallas and immediately ordered them from Bloom. i use them almost everyday. Everything sounds good on them - hirez to soundcloud. i have about 10 sets of headphones and IEMs - i use EQ on all of them. except these.

was really cool meeting the designers in person before purchasing. im really happy with these headphones and recommend CanJam's to try units out and meet the manufacturers- to me it gave even more value to the purchase.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #434 of 563
Hi all.

Waiting impatiently for the Empyrean 2 and Hiby RS8 to arrive...
I hope I've made the right choice and it'll turn out to be a good match. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I own the Sennheiser HD800s but use these predominantly for gaming (fantastic!) as music-wise the lack of body in the low-end bothers me.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #435 of 563
Hi all.

Waiting impatiently for the Empyrean 2 and Hiby RS8 to arrive...
I hope I've made the right choice and it'll turn out to be a good match. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I own the Sennheiser HD800s but use these predominantly for gaming (fantastic!) as music-wise the lack of body in the low-end bothers me.
Hey, glad to hear you're joining the party!
My friends say I'm crazy to buy a 3K headphones but it's just crazy how much I'm enjoying music with these cans.
And yes, I personally think the Empyrean 2 benefits from the R2R DAC, especially if you're looking for a more musical experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back