Meze EMPYREAN II
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #391 of 606
I just got my Diana MR 2 days ago and now the dealer told me he has one Empy 2 in stock for a pretty sizeable discount. Tempting but I mostly listen to hip hop and house/EDM so your review is holding me back lol
I ordered my Mjolnir 3 and hopefully February I will know if it pushes the Empy II in the right direction (have my doubts, but who knows). Otherwise I found at least half my endgame and am looking for the other half.

Jan 20, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #392 of 606
I don’t tend to agree with this reviewer. A lot of my higher end headphones are too detailed to enjoy hip hop with. The Empy II has a place in my collection because it lets lesser recordings come to life a bit. That said I wish it did have slightly more bass
Ditto. Simply put, they're detailed yet smooth as cashmere. Also they're extremely versatile with all genres though there are very few headphones that could cleanly deliver the full range of a guitar riff better than the Diana MR.

Jan 21, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #393 of 606
That said I wish it did have slightly more bass
The iFi Pro iCan Signature does that for me with the X-Bass function. Three levels of analog bass boost at the turn of a knob when a song needs it. Yes, an expensive solution but it really makes me enjoy certain music much more and unlike DSP it’s not on all the time.

Jan 21, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #395 of 606
Jan 22, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #397 of 606
After spending a leisurely weekend sightseeing in Richmond VA, my Empy 2 arrived this morning! I let them warm up to room temps then ran about an hour on pink noise, based on previous feedback.

So far I'm leaning toward the Duo pads. Overall, this is living up to my expectations. Nice bass heft while maintaining enough sparkle up top. Usually, I wait for a couple of weeks before deciding. I can already tell these are keepers!!!

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #398 of 606
interested in how it compares to the susvara from your perspective once the honeymoon period has passed :relaxed:

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #399 of 606
interested in how it compares to the susvara from your perspective once the honeymoon period has passed :relaxed:
If I was forced to keep one, it would be the Susvara. Hands down.

I'm looking for a reasonable addition to my stable. So far, the Empy 2 seems to fill the bill quite nicely.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #400 of 606
Pretty safe to say that Empy 2 and Tungsten are the products of the year.

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #402 of 606
As it happens, I have a DS Tungsten on order. Hoping to get it by my May Day birthday. :nose:
Congratulations, Man! I hope to join that list soon myself.
May Day is my oldest son's birthday, too, Comrade :wink:

Jan 23, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #403 of 606
After spending a leisurely weekend sightseeing in Richmond VA, my Empy 2 arrived this morning! I let them warm up to room temps then ran about an hour on pink noise, based on previous feedback.

So far I'm leaning toward the Duo pads. Overall, this is living up to my expectations. Nice bass heft while maintaining enough sparkle up top. Usually, I wait for a couple of weeks before deciding. I can already tell these are keepers!!!
Initially I also thought the Duo Pads were winner. Within days, I found Alcantara Pads to be really good when it comes to certain music/genres. If you want more clinical, detailed music try these out with the most neutral DAC you have. Classical, Jazz, and Electronic music all came alive with these pads. I think both of these pads should be used constantly back and forth by music choice for the best user experience.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #404 of 606
Initially I also thought the Duo Pads were winner. Within days, I found Alcantara Pads to be really good when it comes to certain music/genres. If you want more clinical, detailed music try these out with the most neutral DAC you have. Classical, Jazz, and Electronic music all came alive with these pads. I think both of these pads should be used constantly back and forth by music choice for the best user experience.
I agree with your assessment of the pads. However, my Susvara already gives me that clinical, detailed sound. The Duo pads bring more oomph to the bottom end.

Jan 23, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #405 of 606
I agree with your assessment of the pads. However, my Susvara already gives me that clinical, detailed sound. The Duo pads bring more oomph to the bottom end.
That, my friend, makes me want to try the Susvara haha. Have you ever tried the Elites? How would you say those compare to the Susvara in terms of clinical, detailed sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back