Oct 14, 2006 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Fairbanks

100+ Head-Fier
I recently obtained a passion for headphone listening.With technology being the way it is regarding headphones I'm finding I'm liking headphone listening better than speakers at the moment.I hope to learn some valuable information .Thanks

Oct 14, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 23
Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.

I think thats the first time I've said that one to a newbie.

What headphones are you using at the minute, and what can we do in order to educate or patronise you on your choice?
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 23
Welcome! I have spent over $500 in the past two months on this hobby--on a college student income. I've been eating poorly for quite some time now.

Frightened yet?
biggrin.gif

Just playing with ya. I absolutely LOVE this place.

Oct 14, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 23
Ya really gotta love a place whose motto is "sorry 'bout your wallet"!
smily_headphones1.gif

....only kidding! Well, ok; serious about the motto.
frown.gif

But yeah! Welcome!!
smily_headphones1.gif

This IS a fun place!

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 23
The motto is no joke, and I say this with a very straight face. Your whole lifestyle changes to allow Head-Fi to exist as part of you.

*sigh*

It's great fun though: you'll experience things you never thought were possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX
Welcome! I have spent over $500 in the past two months on this hobby--on a college student income. I've been eating poorly for quite some time now.

Now that's not a joke either...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairbanks
Hi Duggeh,I own the Senn HD 650 which I purchused over the web about six months ago for $299.With the extra cash got a 15' Cardas cable to go with it.My equipment is listed in my profile.Just curious about other headphones and amps for that matter and what people think of them.To answer your wallet remark,no I didn't have to pay anything to join.
biggrin.gif

Nice gear!

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.

I think thats the first time I've said that one to a newbie.

What headphones are you using at the minute, and what can we do in order to educate or patronise you on your choice?
wink.gif

Hi Duggeh,I own the Senn HD 650 which I purchused over the web about six months ago for $299.With the extra cash got a 15' Cardas cable to go with it.My equipment is listed in my profile.Just curious about other headphones and amps for that matter and what people think of them.To answer your wallet remark,no I didn't have to pay anything to join.
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Hehehe, we start them out right.
orphsmile.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 23
Youre already off to a good start with that lot. I too have owned the HD650 and it is a fine headphone, but not to my particular tastes. Really though, one pair of headphones isnt enough. Youll have to try out some new toys.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Youre already off to a good start with that lot. I too have owned the HD650 and it is a fine headphone, but not to my particular tastes. Really though, one pair of headphones isnt enough. Youll have to try out some new toys.
very_evil_smiley.gif

On that subject of toys what's your take on the AKG-701.I suspected that getting the Sen HD 650 for the price I did I was thinking that it had something to do with the new AKG-701. Or is it that Sennheiser is coming out with new version.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #12 of 23
hey man, welcome to head-fi!!

the k701's are great headphones, but personally i don't think they're that much better than the hd650's (in fact i'd take a 650 over a 701, but that's my personal preference in sound), especially for the price.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

On that subject of toys what's your take on the AKG-701.I suspected that getting the Sen HD 650 for the price I did I was thinking that it had something to do with the new AKG-701. Or is it that Sennheiser is coming out with new version.

Ill be hearing the K701 in a couple of weeks time. From what I read, its more neutral than the HD650 and a bit more detailed.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

I have both the K701 and the HD650. I prefer the K701, but both are great headphones. If Northern Sound and Light still has the great deal on the K701, it might be a good time to try them.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Details can be found in this thread:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back