New Member Thank you
Feb 11, 2007 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

JoeE

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, Thank You for all of the information on this site, I am a recent convert from speakers, 200 watt amp and big sub music.

After already having a set of AKG studio K240’s, my entry phones, and extensive reading here; last week I purchased modded Senn 580’s and an Earmax Pro and WOW what a difference.

I love listening to all the music in my head,
Joe

Feb 11, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 16
Very intimate isnt it!
icon10.gif
Speakers might be more realistic in soundstage and all, and subs can give bass which you feel with your body, but intimacy is something special. Band plays for you and you alone.
icon10.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 16
Welcome! Sorry about your wallet and all that. I really enjoy reading about those new members who enjoy the love headphones bring to music reproduction. I still have a hard time going to speakers...I miss the intimacy of that predominantly in-head experience.

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love listening to all the music in my head,

Oh noes, your equipment hast no soundstage!

EDIT: Welcome by the way
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome! Sorry about your wallet and all that. I really enjoy reading those new members who enjoy the love headphones bring to music reproduction. I still have a hard time going to speakers...I miss the intimacy of that predominantly in-head experience.

Ya, like Jason said. For some reason, I never tire of these threads. I think a little appreciation can go a long way. Glad you like it here. Welcome.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 16
I'm pretty new here too and have appreciated all the insight. Still love my speaker setup, but since it's in the family room I don't get to fire it up too often. Used some decent, but insufficient headphones for nightime sessions for many a year until I got talking to Skylab in another forum. Never even knew there was such a thing as a headphone amp. Before I know it, I have a Corda Aria amp, Darth Beyers, now upgraded to Darth Grado HF-1's, an iPod, some Ultimate Ears 5's, an ALO interconnect for when my Xin Supermini IV eventually arrives. Now I see the need for some more portable phones that aren't completely isolated, so I can hear what's going on around me.

That's it, I'm done, I'm sunk, it's hopeless...however headphones are an incredible new adventure in music appreciation. I'm lovin' it!

Feb 12, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 16
holy moley Chuckles, you're in it deep! time for the Second Greeting for you - "Congrats, now run far far away and don't look back!"

they never listen to that one either.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hayguys.jpg

welcome.

That pic is really creepy, even for me...
eek.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 16
Thanks for the welcome and had I give HP's a chance a few years ago I would probably have some savings. Check out my "investments" ha ha in the 2ch and home theater spectrum in my profile.

And comming from the high watt big speaker land I feel the senns and the amp do a good job with the stage I am just missing my diaphram moving in sync with the bass from the sub.

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hayguys.jpg

wow.

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #15 of 16
I checked out your web site and liked your pics. They are your work right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back