New Member of the HD600 Club
Apr 23, 2002 at 5:39 PM Post #16 of 21
do you need an amp for speakers? of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't hear any sound. headphones are basically tiny speakers, and therefore there are amps for your headphones already built into your receivers, integrated amps, cd players, etc... the problem is they are usually craptastic and alter the signal as it is. usually for receivers just use a resistor network from the power amp, or a cheap opamp for the headphone jack, and that can really ruin the sound. bypassing this by hooking up headphone amp directly to the cd player can really benefit the sound.

Apr 24, 2002 at 10:13 AM Post #17 of 21
Hi, Magic77!

I'm happy to hear another guy got the '600!
My HD600 are happy (me too
biggrin.gif
) with Creek 11 SE amp.
You said that Little gives more bass response?
Is that big difference from the Creek?

PS: Enjoy them and happy listening!

Moonwalker

Apr 24, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Magic77
I did think they sounded Bassier through the Little and Brighter through the Creek, but I guess it also depends on the recording that is listened to.

OK. I do also have the HD600's plugged into the Creek OBH11SE and I feel quite a lot of bass. On some recordings there's even too much. Maybe it's because of my source (old Kenwood DP-900 cd-player). I'm thinking on buying the Rega Planet 2000, Rotel RCD-961 or the Thule Spirit 100 cd-player. Maybe that will improve the sound. I guess it will...

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #20 of 21
Just got my HD-600s today. Bought them from Ebay, they sold for $219 + $10 shipping. The seller was hififorless.com, and they also offered a free 2-day air shipping upgrade. I got the headphones before the charge even appeared on my credit card - they moved that fast!

I did some extensive listening today, and except for the slight lateral pressure, my first (excellent) impressions about these headphones were confirmed. Although they leak much less sound than my AKG-501s, they are still too noisy for office, bummer. I have to say though that the sound was identical to my friend's HD-600s, which have hundreds of hours on them. So maybe the whole burn-in thing is in our heads - but that's another story.

May 2, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 21
Just got my HD 600s from hififorless as well. This joins my Sennheiser collection (570, 580) as well as Ety ep-4S, and a thirty year old Sony electrostatic. They sound better than the 580s but I am waiting for my Cardas headphone cable for the full effect. Then I will lust after a Comic (or equilivant portable) to replace my latest version Total Airhead.

walt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back