New member from France search the best Headphones
May 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 147
people don't seem to think the SR125s offer enough of a performance increase from the 80s to justify the price.
I've seen tons of 225 recommendations for these types of music though.

May 17, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 147
yes, but the price is not the same....
confused_face.gif

May 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #18 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbretzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, do you think Grado SR125 is better than the sr80 ? because I can buy it for about 250$ on mantra-audio...

Don't buy it for that price. I'd watch the FS forum or some auctions and see if the seller is willing to ship to France. For $250, you can get a SR-225. Another option is available if you have a friend living in the states, you can ask him or her to buy a SR225 and ship it to you.

One thing to note about Grados is that they're bright and the treble is too harsh for people sensitive to treble like myself.

May 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 147
I've noticed that the grados are less comfortable then the AKG K240 MkII (for example)...
If I want to spend hours and hours listening to my favorite CDs..... I don't want to suffer because of this...
frown.gif

May 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 147
Nobody likes the 2 Koss models ????

are they so terrible ?????

May 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #21 of 147
Quote:

I've noticed that the grados are less comfortable then the AKG K240 MkII (for example)...
If I want to spend hours and hours listening to my favorite CDs..... I don't want to suffer because of this...
frown.gif

They're less comfortable than most of the other headphones I have or have had, but I never found Grados uncomfortable. If the comfort bothers you, then you should probably get another can.

Quote:

Can't really say since I haven't listened to them myself, but for the money you're willing to spend they're probably not the best option.

May 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #23 of 147
Quote:

Eh eh... What do you think?

May 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #24 of 147
Quote:

thanks !
yes, I need help because I have nowhere to go to try these headphones close to my place....
wink.gif

so, I'm waiting for your advice
L3000.gif

If u are in Paris, u can visit "le magasin Magma" where u can try almost every headphone they have and decide yourself upon your taste
wink.gif
Their service is much more pro than FNAC, Darty etc.. and will satisfy most of audiophile's needs..

Here is the link: Boutique on line Magma - selection Les Casques Hi-Fi

May 18, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #25 of 147
Quote:

I remember about 15 years ago, my neighbours had a pair of SONY MDR-CD1000.....
I remember all the hours I spent listening to my favorites CDs with these headphones.... I was so surprised ! what a beautiful sound !!! precision, clarity, that was the begining of my quest....

well, this might be your lucky day mon ami
biggrin.gif

I've sold my cd1k to another frenchman, and he prefers his JVC DX1k and is looking for a sale...so live up to the legend, be somebody...drop me a PM, get yourself a perfectly working cd1k while you can
smily_headphones1.gif

it's the same drivers as the cd3k, highly refined upper spectrum...I don't think any other phone will offer them to you this accurately.

May 18, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #26 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumbaa32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If u are in Paris, u can visit "le magasin Magma" where u can try almost every headphone they have and decide yourself upon your taste
wink.gif
Their service is much more pro than FNAC, Darty etc.. and will satisfy most of audiophile's needs..

Here is the link: Boutique on line Magma - selection Les Casques Hi-Fi

thank you man, I'm not in Paris, but it takes me about 2 hours to go there.... so... maybe, if I find enough time to go, I'll try
wink.gif

May 18, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #27 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, this might be your lucky day mon ami
biggrin.gif

I've sold my cd1k to another frenchman, and he prefers his JVC DX1k and is looking for a sale...so live up to the legend, be somebody...drop me a PM, get yourself a perfectly working cd1k while you can
smily_headphones1.gif

it's the same drivers as the cd3k, highly refined upper spectrum...I don't think any other phone will offer them to you this accurately.

MP sent
normal_smile .gif

May 18, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #28 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by axellone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh eh... What do you think?

Well.... I thought the 4AAA/T was a good monitoring (so neutral) model....

but Koss is definitely banned here
redface.gif
confused.gif

May 18, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #30 of 147
Hi,

Do not buy grado headphones if you plan on doing long listening sessions. If you wear them more than an hour they will start to hurt. They certainly sound good but you'll have to be a masochist to go for a full album or movie with grado.

Does Grado have an ergonomic research departement ? if it does then it must be a joke.

Sennheiser, Akg , Beyer Dynamic and Audio Technica have equivalent sound quality but offer superior comfort.

In this price range i would consider the beyer dynamic DT-770 Version '05, it's a very good all-rounder and will last for ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back