New: Matrix Audio HPA-2C Classic Amp/DAC (With Review)
Jul 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #31 of 48
Nice review.  I owned the original and liked it a great deal.  Q:  Does inserting the headphone plug cut the pre-outs?  This is something that many of these DAC/Amp/Pre products fail at:  Want the speakers off when headphones engaged.  Powered speakers often have signal sensing or rear-mounted power switches, or a sub with signal sensing is used.  Thanks.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #32 of 48
That might sound a little bit stupid, but did someone manage to open/disassamble the HPA-2C? It's not as easy to open the new version compared to the old HPA-2.
I tried to and removed the 8 screws on the side and the 2 screws at the back. I figured out that there is also a screw at the bottom with a warranty sticker.
Somehow everything is so tight, I and I am afraid to damage it when pulling to strong.

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #33 of 48
I'm very interested in the HPA-2C, having heard praises for the whole m-stage line up quite often. 

@ostewart How does it drive your T50rp mk3? Wouldn't the output impedence be a little too high for the fostex's 50ohm? I'm looking to pair my alpha prime with this combo. Also, how does the DAC stack up against other budget offerings like the ODAC, modi or HRT streamer?

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #34 of 48
  I'm very interested in the HPA-2C, having heard praises for the whole m-stage line up quite often.

@ostewart How does it drive your T50rp mk3? Wouldn't the output impedence be a little too high for the fostex's 50ohm? I'm looking to pair my alpha prime with this combo. Also, how does the DAC stack up against other budget offerings like the ODAC, modi or HRT streamer?

Works really well with the T50rp, the internal DAC is great and this works as a great all in one compared to the brighter sounding ODAC+O2 combo.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #37 of 48
Will HPA-2C be able to drive AKG K712pro properly?
Besides, I want to buy Fostex th610 (25 Ohm impedance) sometime later. Will it be OK to use it HPA-2C or I would hear hum?

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #38 of 48
Can't know for sure but this unit is a very stout design so I think it is likely fine with any conventional headphone.  Of course fine is not necessarily ideal.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #39 of 48
I am also to change the opamp for Burson vivid. I took off all the screws from the sides and the bottom , but a can not pull out the board. I tried so hard, but no movement. Is there any trick to do? Thanks

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #40 of 48
I am also to change the opamp for Burson vivid. I took off all the screws from the sides and the bottom , but a can not pull out the board. I tried so hard, but no movement. Is there any trick to do? Thanks
If I remember correctly you only have to remove the 4 screws of each side then push on the rear panel and it should slide out from the front. You might have to put some pressure on the rear panel with your thumbs to get it to pop lose.

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #41 of 48
Thanks ArthurPower, I keep trying. It is so stucked into the chassis.

Sep 8, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #42 of 48
There is a warranty seal on the buttom, and under that a screw. I took off every screw, pushed damned hard but no success. I am at a loss.

Sep 11, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #44 of 48
image_50372353.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back